Job Title: QA Automation
Duration: 12+ months contract
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Development of Automation and Testing in a CI/CD environment for web applications
• Work with Engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated Testing.
• Develop Test Plans, Strategies and scheduling of test activity.
• Create, maintain and execute Test cases/scripts at any level as required (Unit, Integration, Component Integration, System Integration, Exploratory).
• Validate and report on test results for software quality improvement.
• Coordinate “Quality at Every Step” – Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations.
• Work with Product Owners to prioritize features, maintain documentation and known issues.
• Reviews progress and makes recommendations for areas of opportunities/improvements for automation & tool usage.
• Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
• Identify and illuminate risks to the whole team when identified at any stage of planning or development.
• Coordinate with other QAEs to ensure a consistent messaging across the platform as it relates to Quality.
• Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
• Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
• Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
• BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent 3-4 years of work experience
• 2-3 yrs Experience with Webdriver based Test Automation APIs (Selenium or WebdriverIO or Nightmare.js etc.)
• 2-3 yrs experience in unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
• 1-2 yrs Experience with Appium for device test automation
• 2-3 years Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, including frameworks such as Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cucumber, JUnit, Mockito
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery environment and platforms, especially Maven and Jenkins