QA Automation Test Engineer (Job Number:
2203088 ) About Penske:
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we're so much more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to our success is our people.
We are experiencing rapid business growth and have added headcounts to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion. Going into Winter 2021/2022, we are hiring immediately for full-time, long-term roles. At Penske you will ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward. What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske QA Automation Test Engineer (Associate Test Engineer) your primary focus will be on automating test execution and working with senior Test Engineers to evaluate results. You will work with an Agile development team as a primary contributor to development, integration, and deployment of automated system tests, ensuring quality, reliability, usability, and performance of new features. This will include participating in agile best practices and ceremonies, including use case development, story writing, grooming, and story pointing daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives. Working under the direction of the Manager of QA and senior Automated QA Engineers, you will collaborate with other IT teams (product management, testing engineers, software engineers and architects) to provide input on end user and API interfaces and progress status reporting, as well as maintain a clear understanding of the applications business area and its requirements. You will be responsible for the creation of test data when needed for automated testing.
Candidates for this role need to have experience utilizing Selenium.
This position can sit out of our IT Center in Tampa, FL. Penske Responsibilities:
- Facilitate automated testing, regression testing, UI, and API testing for all new features for desktop application, browser, and mobile testing environments
- Participate in defect analysis to understand issues and potential root cause and implement action plans to address larger issues, ensuring they don't repeat
- Execute test cases in the automated environment
- Participate in the creation of effective, reusable test scripts
- Execute tests per the plan and perform analysis of test results, including preparing reports
- Debug complex test code
- Take direction on process improvements in the procedures and methodologies for automated testing
- Review output to determine if the test results fulfill the established requirements and, if necessary, notify the responsible programmers of errors, omissions, and inconsistencies in the programs and/or documentation
- Attend test procedure walk-throughs
- Maintain documentation of test scripts
- Validate program logic and verify system flow within the test code
- Provide support for customer interface, staff planning, and supervision, as well as progress status reporting
- Consult with Senior Software Engineers in resolution of problems
- Learn and implement new testing procedures and advanced tools
- Ensure software quality assurance follow standard operating procedure
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
- 4 years of Application Testing experience
- Expertise in enacting an enterprise level organization's test plan
- Knowledge and understanding of
- GUI designs, load or stress testing
- Designing test suites
- various kinds of automation tools, including Selenium and Zephyr, LoadRunner and jmeter
- knowledge of development including coding, basic SQL knowledge to extract data for tests, XML, general web development skills, and web services
- how the functions will work differently on different browsers and devices
- Advanced understanding of technology (i.e. OS layer, database layer, application layer, network, etc.)
- Understanding of Agile testing methodologies
- Knowledge of how functions will work differently on different browsers and devices
- Ability to both take direction and work independently in owning projects
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies and flaws
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE Work Locations
5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609 Primary Location
: United States-Florida-Tampa Job
: Information Technology Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit):
: PTL.QA Test Engineer Req ID: