QA Engineer - Database Server at Vertica (REMOTE, Work From Home Available within the U.S.)Job Description:QA Engineer - Database Server at VerticaLocation: U.S. Only, REMOTE locations available / Work From Home About your role
The Vertica QA team, located in Cambridge, seeks a proven QA engineer with experience building a production systems application who can heighten the realism of our database feature testing. The Vertica Analytics Database Platform is enterprise software used by engineers in data driven organizations to build powerful analytics applications in every business vertical imaginable.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience testing a production application, preferably one that uses a database, even better if the application is analytical
- Experience in test planning and creating automated test suites
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test results, write clear and complete bug reports and comfortable investigating root causes
- Expertise working with Python, Shell scripting, Jira and version control (such as Git or SVN).
- Experience in database testing and writing SQL queries
- Excellent communication
- Strong database experience and SQL knowledge
- Product development experience building and testing enterprise software
- Experience working with cross functional teams that included development, QA, documentation and product management
- Knowledge of AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/HDFS cloud services and how to integrate them with existing applications
- Expertise working with Linux
About our team
- Develops and implements test plans and cases to cover system level database features and functionality.
- Develops, executes, and analyzes tests for the database server, specifically focused around the system level features and functionality.
- Provides technical leadership, input, and review for test strategy, planning, and execution within the team.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Provides technical direction for the database testing process and infrastructure development and maintenance.
- Maintains and develops test infrastructure.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.About our product
Vertica is a Unified Analytics Platform, based on a massively scalable architecture with the broadest set of analytical capabilities and end-to-end in-database machine learning. Vertica enables many customers - from Philips to The Trade Desk to MassMutual to many others - to easily apply these powerful functions to the largest and most demanding analytical workloads, arming businesses and its customers with predictive business insights faster than any data analytical platform in the market. Vertica provides its Unified Analytics Platform across all major public clouds and on-premises data centers and integrates data in cloud object storage.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status