This position plays a core role in the software delivery process for the Product team. The purpose of this position is to implement a test automation strategy and governance framework and to oversee the execution and maintenance of a unified test automation platform and related tools. The secondary purpose of this position is to provide subject matter expertise and support for either API or Mobile performance testing, security testing, and other non-functional test activities. The Test Engineer also plays a role in supporting manual test activities required to ensure all releases reach the quality standard required by the company.
You will be required to respond to occasional requests for additional off-hour work in development of the event of an emergency client incident or critical business need wider QA team through mentoring and guidance.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
• 5+ years experience in software testing following Rapid software testing .
• 2+ years experience in Test Automation (C#, API Automation, Selenium, XCTest, Espresso).
• Proficiency in API testing principles and tools or Mobile performance testing principles and tools
• Technical leadership/1+ year of mentoring experience coaching of QA or Developer professionals.
• Preferred advanced standard QA certification e.g. ISTQB.
• Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or relevant work experience.
• An understanding of software development and QA in an agile SDLC, and exposure to continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts.