You will have a crucial role in helping the organization reduce risk and deliver high quality software applications. Key activities for this position include:
• Work with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required
• Define and execute test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications
• Lead and participate in test planning and quality review sessions
• Oversee the writing of test cases/scripts which may include application, network, system, regression and user acceptance testing
• Lead test projects with minimal supervision
• Participate in daily calls as needed for coordination of efforts.
• Perform technical testing activities including planning, design, scripting, and execution, debugging and reporting
• Create and execute automated and manual tests for large projects.
• Research new tools and testing approaches.
• Perform post-test execution activities including error debugging, and internal and external communications
• Assist with testing execution for all system components, including functional and integration testing, ensuring traceability from requirements to test cases, documenting test cases and generating reports; generating software quality related metrics
• Work with multiple programs and systems on projects of high complexity
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and training to less experienced individuals.
• Project Leadership:
• Provide quality and test advocacy.
• Perform planning, organizing, monitoring, and oversight of all phases of testing.
• Work closely with project manager and others to ensure business testing requirements are being met.
• QA Project Leadership duties
o Lead preparation of business scenarios and required test scripts, including identification of needed master and transactional data to execute end-to-end testing
o Facilitate test meetings and escalating issues/concerns to the project management team as needed.
o Monitor issues and defects for trends and provide metrics to the project management team
o Responsible for the oversight of requirement traceability throughout all test phases
o Participate in requirements and design walkthroughs to understand the testing needs and raise questions to clarify as needed
o Manage risks associated with testing, taking preventative action when risks become unacceptable
o Manage stakeholder relationships with respect to all testing matters
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5 years experience testing web applications
• Experience using SQL for test data creation and verification
• Experience with test case development and execution tools such as Jira Test Management, qTest, or other
• Experience with test case automation design and implementation
• Journeyman knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes.
• Understanding of the key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of information systems
• Self-starting and comfortable with independently creating test plans and test scenarios with minimum assistance using application and requirement documentation
• Works well with ambiguity and changing requirements
• Drives continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- Knowledge of Corporate Applications & tools: Jira, SharePoint, Workday
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Microsoft BI, Jira dashboards, Excel pivot tables, etc.