Come join the Switchfly Engineering team as we push our product and service offerings to new markets and opportunities. The QA Automation Engineer will be a member of QA team that is responsible for creating reusable test software aimed to improve functional test coverage, schedule efficiency and reduce manual test dependency. The person filling this position will be recognized as a key individual contributor with technical focus on providing QA automation solutions and functional QA support. Solid software engineering background and previous test automation experience is must.
QA Automation Engineer will work with our Software Quality Assurance & Development teams to design, develop and execute system test solutions.
- API, Functional and GUI test automation using open source QA automation framework as Selenium.
- Execute, maintain and extend automated test coverage using Selenium.
- Maintain test suite, specifications, reports etc using test management tools like TestLink, QATraq, TargetProcess or XStudio.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Communicate information effectively cross-functionally. .
- Provide QA support to internal customers as necessary.
- Collaborate with our Engineering teams on best practices, process changes and standards as part of continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field (or foreign equivalent) is required.
- Additional classroom or professional development or training in related field, considered a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of hands on experience in QA automation for unit, TestNG, functional, Web UI and performance testing for complex client server or high volume web applications.
- 2 years coding experience in Java as a developer or test developer. Working knowledge of JSP, Servlets, Spring, MVC and Java enterprise applications.
- Minimum 2 years of hands on experience with Selenium.
- 2 years of experience in at least one of the API/Unit test automation frameworks. viz. jUnit, TestNG, HTTPUnit, HTMLUnit, Mocking frameworks - easyMock or jMockIt
- 2 years of experience in one of the test and Project management tools like - TargetProcess, TestLink, STAF, qaTraq.
- Proficient in QA methodologies, and various stages of software quality assurance including Black Box/White Box/Gray box, configuration, performance testing, requirements analysis, test planning, reporting/control and root cause analysis.
- Test automation development experience, both functional automation and performance automation, using open source tools or java based homegrown tools is strongly preferred.
- Must have implemented maintainable automation frameworks and test suites using Selenium.
- Good understanding of SQL, HTML, CSS, JS, Spring, Hibernate, XML, HTTP protocol, Shell scripting, debugging tools like firebug, charles, IE Developer tools and code profiling tools like jProfiler.
- Experienced in using various bug tracking, source control and build release tools, like JIRA, SVN, GIT, ANT, Hudson, Jenkins, TargetProcess, etc..
- Organized and process oriented individual with ability to maintain excellent process/testing/build release documentation and reports.
- Previous experience with Hudson is preferred but not required.
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques.
Switchfly is a leading travel ecommerce platform that powers dynamic packaging, loyalty and other online travel solutions for airlines, financial services companies, hotels and other travel brands across the globe, helping them drive incremental revenues, maximize conversion rates and increase consumer engagement. Through the company’s data-driven approach and its global network of ancillary merchandise for activity, air, car, hotel and insurance, Switchfly allows brands to optimize their inventory and revenue management and create relevant, personalized experiences for their customers. Switchfly partners with many of the globe’s best-recognized airlines (including American Airlines, LATAM and Avianca); loyalty programs (including IAG Avios and American Airlines Advantage); hospitality groups (including InterContinental Hotels Group, Marriott International and Starwood Hotels and Resorts); and financial service companies (including American Express and MasterCard). For more information, please visit www.switchfly.com.