Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn’t help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.
Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, single application solutions and providing business-wide platforms that provide real-time access to web-based intelligence via mobile devices, tablets and computers. These programs tie together all the variables that go into milk production in a single platform – from the feed to the cow to the parlor – providing actionable intelligence that allows today’s dairy farmer to make decisions when it will have the greatest impact on production: now.
VAS is currently searching for the right candidate that has a passion for the dairy software industry and wants to help make an impact of this very large ecosystem.
- Participate as a work-from-home member of the Engineering team to build software applications.
- Work with the Product Lead and development team to understand user stories and transform them into high quality software applications and features.
- Work closely with Development to produce high quality software.
- Perform manual testing of the software platform to ensure the quality of delivered products.
- Identify and document issues/bugs/ and cases, communicate to other team members effectively.
- Direct User Acceptance Testing efforts among product stakeholders.
- Smoke test new environments, merged environments, production pushes as needed.
- Be/become a SME on usage of entire application suite, processes, workflows, etc.
- Perform manual testing on mobile devices.
- Help newer internal staff understand and use the system effectively.
- Research new test automation possibilities across all areas of the system.
- Provide recommendation on QA testing tools based on industry standards.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like test coverage, defects.
- Proven work experience in quality assurance for a software development team
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus
- Experience working within a remote working environment is a plus
- Experience with dairy related data is a big plus
At VAS, we pride ourselves with being the leader in the dairy software industry, but another area we excel in is benefits to our employees.
- VAS offers competitive salary in the top percentile for our field.
- Generous medical, vision, dental and HRA plans. Premiums fully paid for by VAS.
- Fidelity retirement plan and profit share at 10% of your annual gross salary.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and school activity time.
- Opportunity to grow within chosen field.
Does this sound like a position you are interested in? Do you have what it takes to be a QA Engineer and VAS team member? If so, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please include your letter of interest with your resume.
We look forward to hearing all about you!