Student Intern (QA) iovation
We are a very client-centric organization. The client comes first in everything we do. That s why we hire smart, talented people with a passion for developing the best tools to stop fraudsters, while saving our clients time and money. Greg Pierson, Sr. VP iovation
What we ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- A collaborative environment that values the pursuit of excellence, acting with integrity, being innovative, active participation, building partnerships and taking pride in the work being done.
- In this student internship you will learn about the following things:
- Working with and testing Java applications and microservices
- Creating and contributing automation code to a project
- The part of QA in the software development process
- Writing a good defect report
- Enthusiasm for working on difficult problems using creative solutions
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools, as well as being challenged every day
- Good interpersonal skills, both verbally and in writing; ability to collaborate with team members
- Familiarity with quality assurance and testing software
- Experience with a scripting or programming language such as Python, Ruby, Java or Shell
- Ability to work in our downtown Portland, Oregon office location up to 40 hours per week for a 3-month period
- Basic education or training in areas related to Computer Science
- Examples of software projects, maybe even in a public repo. Extra points for interaction with an API
- Experience with Linux and command line interfaces
- Knowledge of SQL and querying data stores
- Collaborate with other engineers on projects that will add overall value to our system
- Eagerly learn about our services, technologies and tools used so you can effectively contribute; automation, testing and operational work will all be involved in the work being done
- Upon completion of the internship, you will have a material accomplishment under your belt that you can leverage for future opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.