First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The QA Lead will work as a key technical resource for the portfolio of large corporate projects at First Republic Bank. The Software Quality Assurance Lead supports an agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high quality applications that exceeds our customer expectations. The SQA Lead will review functional requirements and user stories from business partners; develop test strategy, design test plans, write test cases, and perform testing for assigned applications. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, requiring minimal oversight, is results-oriented, with a strong sense of teamwork. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
In addition to these more general cross functional responsibilities, the QA Lead will also be responsible for the following:
* Design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible and reusable test automation scripts
* Innovating solutions to work around system limitations
* Adapting to new technologies and gain a functional understanding
* Understanding control procedures and disciplines
* Working with version control and Jira or similar ticketing system
* Problem solving with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
* Delivering high quality work and adapting to new challenges, as an individual or as part of a team
Education / work experience: Required
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
* 4-7 years of experience in software automation testing web applications, and or client/server applications
* Understand Software Development Lifecycle and Enterprise Value Delivery Methodology for automation testing/deployment process
* 4-7 years of experience creating test plans, test cases from system requirements and/or user stories
* 4-7 years of experience performing integration testing
* 2 Years of experience testing with solutions such as: Automation Anywhere (AA) , Blue Prism (BP), UiPath, Workfusion, or Pega
* Prior exposure providing testing deliverables within Agile and Scrum methodologies
* Ability to generate test reports used for system acceptance
* Previous experience conducting tests to verify software is ready for release into production
* Ability to work independently to conduct functional tests using TFS / JIRA to record results
* Ability to create and validate comprehensive testing plans for automation applications
* Testing experience with applications across programming languages such as: .NET, Java, and Python
* Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities/multiple deliverables
Professional skill / competency:
* Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship.
* Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives.
* Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options.
* Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business.
* Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
Leadership skill / competency:
* Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level.
* Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines.
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Personal skill / competency
* Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
* Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
* Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; take initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
* Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
* Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.