- Responsible for test strategizing, test planning, test environment design and overall test execution to ensure quality of a complex M2M system Evaluates requirements, design, implementation constraints to lead creation of test scenarios, scripts and test data design activities.
- Leads test automation and non-functional testing by exercising technical direction over test engineers or engineering support personnel and may have work direction responsibilities over a group with specific engineering objectives. Generates product validation solutions for both current and future programs.
- Manages members of QA and Test Engineer teams. Joins and leads HATA Quality Events and JIT (Joint Integration Testing)
- Creates end-to-end system test strategy for Telematics services validation
- Provides technical leadership for Telematics test & measurement development activity
- Analyzes functional and non-functional requirements and create test scenarios, scripts and validation plan
- Works with geographically distributed stakeholders to create test schedule, methods, environment planning and test data setup strategy
- Develops validation designs (including automated test systems)
- Lead testing team to create testing related deliverables and execution
- Create systems and processes to manage defects. Perform defect triage will partners, suppliers and business stakeholders to drive resolution of issues.
- Works with geographically distributed teams
- Create strategy, identify tools and perform non-functional test activities
- Coordinate staff and execution to meet production intent product timing deadlines
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and suppliers
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products in the field of Communications technology
- Executes both in-vehicle and bench testing
- Directs the actions and activities of a small team of engineers as necessary.
- Travels as required
- A well-developed understanding of the theory and principles of operation of the internet and packet data protocols
- A well-Known understanding of the Telematics and Connected car Service
- A well-known understanding of Testing and validation methodology as well as QA process
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in validation of a production intent product
- Demonstrated results in test automation and performance testing related technologies and tools
- Basic knowledge of code or script development
- Experience with programming language Java, Any scripting language, Spring framework, DB development
- Understand and experience with SDLC(Software Development Lifecycle)
- Understand and Information System Audit best practice
- Understand security audit methodology and process as OWASP(Open Web Application Security Project)
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with multiple stakeholders while coordinating their activities
- Experience with one of the following technologies is Required: LTE, CDMA, GSM, Modem Protocol, Internet Protocol, GPS, Web services
- Demonstrated basic programming skills (C/C++, Java)
- Demonstrated ability to root cause software failures
- Understanding DBMS and SQL
- 10+ years of experience in development, test engineering and test management
- 2 – 5 years of experience in QA management; experience in leading end-to-end system and non-functional testing for Telematics products and services preferred
- Experience establishing QA process and procedures in accordance to industry best practices.
- Experience creating test plan, test cases, test scripts, and test reports.
- Experience Development Java or C, C++ or relevant language
- Experience in Wireless network operations.
- Experience in QA management.
- Experience in the Telematics industry.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field from a recognized institution.