About Incentive Technology Group (ITG)
Incentive Technology Group (ITG) is an information technology and management consulting firm that offers integrated, strategic solutions to its public and private-sector clients. ITG has the expertise, agility, and commitment to design, build, and operate high-performance IT engines to support all aspects of our client’s business.
Incentive Technology Group (ITG) is seeking an experienced QA Manager in Arlington, VA. The QA Manager will be involved in a broad range of tasks and issues supporting current day-to-day production operation as well as evaluation and assessment of new capabilities.
- Establishes and evolves formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversees all aspects of quality assurance for the project, including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Acts as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources.
- Leads and mentors QA team members.
- Develops and executes test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Implements and performs quality assurance functions in compliance with International Office of Standards (ISO), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), or other quality assurance methodologies.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans and coordinates testing activities.
- Designs, develops and executes automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identifies, records, documents thoroughly and tracks bugs.
- Performs thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develops and applies testing processes to meet client needs.
- Liaises with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitors debugging process results.
- Investigates the causes of non-conforming software and trains users to implement solutions.
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- 4+ years experience in a Quality Assurance, Tester or Development role.
- At least 2 years experience supervising a test team.
- Understanding of software engineering and web development
- At least two (4) years of specialized experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical field; or At least five (5) years of specialized experience and no degree requirement.
- All employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while adapting to changing priorities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experiencing leading a team of testers.
- Ability to think out of the box and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Precise attention to details.
- Experience with web-based database applications preferred.
- Experience with Agile and iterative project life cycles preferred.