A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It-s a career journey you can be proud of, and you-ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune-s World-s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses -Be Good At Life.- To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
- This is a QA Manager position for Insurance Technology back office systems supporting Annuity Admin Systems.
- Reports to the Head of QM for the Insurance Technology back office systems.
- Provides leadership to the Annuities testing team, ensuring the team effectively integrates with the rest of QA organization.
- Works with the COE team to optimize all of testing, enhance efficiency in testing and improve software quality for the overall organization. Looks to provide feedback, guidance, and help offer solutions to improve testing in the overall Enterprise.
- Ensures standards and guidelines set forth by the CoE are followed by his/her respective group.
- Aides the Head of QM in establishing a baseline of QA team performance, monitoring overall delivery metrics and ensuring the function is continually improving year over year.
- Lead a team of 6 Test leads, and 25 offshore testers.
- Will assist in leading the QM function through a period of technology modernization at NYL. Must be able to demonstrate QA leadership through a modernization or technology transformation effort in prior roles.
- Tracks key testing metrics and ensures regular and consistent communication of progress towards overall testing goals to IT core team and business stakeholders. Charts higher level metrics for overall function health, to evaluate and fine tune the operations of QM teams.
- Create and maintain resource allocation.
- Leads the testing team to achieve higher levels of competency, effectiveness and internal process improvement.
- Provides direction for the testing team, ensuring that activities of the team are aligned with related functions and initiatives.
- Facilitates testing-related development activities, guiding System testers, cooperating with Test Shared Services, and Release Coordinator (e.g., definition of approach, test cycles, scenarios) for testing automation, regression, performance, etc.
- Ensures that assigned testing teams work together effectively and that the testing function is properly integrated across technological areas (supports end-to-end testing)
- Helps to coordinate the rollout of new QM processes, like UAT, across groups outside of IT affected by the process change
- Actively participates in retrospective(s) with peer group to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Contributes to the development of technical standards and procedures at the division level. Works with peer level development managers and senior leaders to influence systems design and development, to properly account for testing needs.
- Looks for staff and offshore level cross training activities within his/her own team, to build out further business and systems knowledge.
- Proven ability to drive technical and tactical innovation in the functional testing area, with proof of innovation in prior roles, promoting functional depth of testing, improving testing efficiency, and expanding the scope of testing to be more impactful.
- Looks to continually improve, and never feel like the team or function has arrived and is done improving. Looks to challenge the status quo and implement improvements.
Education / Training
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Experience as a QA Manager in financial services organizations is a requirement.
- Experience as QA Manager supporting Annuities platforms is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant testing experience required, including Management and Leadership experience.
- Experience working with and managing on and off-shore resources both from a staff augmentation and managed services arrangement.
- Proven experience in significantly improving testing practices within an organization a definite plus.
- Experience in a financial services industry is a requirement, insurance experience is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a leadership and management position for multiple QA teams and multiple enterprise software products.
- Proven experience in resource management for multiple large projects running simultaneously.
- Proof of high emotional intelligence (EQ), with the ability to lead teams of a variety of backgrounds and experience levels.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Possesses extensive knowledge and experience in testing in distributed environments.
- Ability to contextualize testing activities against business strategy and technical delivery.
- Knowledge of Life Insurance , Retail/Institutional Annuities and Structured Settlements products and supporting systems preferred .
- Experience with leading annuity B2B (Distributor/Carrier) standards and solutions preferred such as ACORD standards, and products from DTCC, EBIX, iPipeline, and Insurance Technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of common testing procedures and methodologies.
- Familiar with new innovative trends or tools in the QA industry, with an ability to drive innovation across teams.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience in leveraging on-shore / off-shore staffing for QA activities.
- Demonstrate good leadership by providing an objective, high energy, consistent work ethic that promotes respect for the individual.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring skills combined with flexibility working in a dynamic, fast moving, and fast-growing product development environment.
- Collaborative but decisive personal style - highly effective communicator and problem solver.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while driving resolution and getting results.
SF: LI-CC1 EOE M/F/D/V
- If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811. Date:
Thu, 14 02 2019 00:00:00 GMT Department: