Apex Systems is looking for a QA Packaging Technician to join our team in the Cincinnati, OH area. If you are interested, please send your most updated resume to Maria at
. Job Summary:
The Quality Technician will ensure the integrity of each batch of product and consistent quality of production by enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems; conducting analyses, validating processes and providing documentation. This position will fill an essential role in monitoring quality programs through regular process checks as well as short and long-term projects. Assist in the decision-making process as it related to production and release of product. This position is located in:
Cincinnati, OH This position reports to
: Quality Supervisor Responsibilities:
Other Responsibilities: Education & Experience
- Collect and conduct analysis of product at various stages along the production process as well as finished product to validate the integrity and quality standards/specifications and ensure that no bad beer leaves the brewery. Including but not limited to;
- Perform Secure Seal Tests (SST) and acts on results.
- Verify, coding, Packaging and labeling (overall product) meets quality specifications.
- Verify correct case, bottle and notch codes while in production process.
- Daily collect samples for the taste panel.
- Trouble shoots packaging material defects.
- Verify keg beer quality by performing designated QA checks.
- Perform calibration checks of packaging lab equipment.
- Record all tank/product changes to assure the proper beer is being produced.
- Performs TPO / Fill / CO2 checks and decides if filler needs adjustments, shut down or continue running based on the SPC data generated
- Operate Beer Analyzer equipment to analyze and ensure product integrity.
- Must observe and practice all Brewery Safety Procedures. Includes wearing the proper PPE always on the Packaging Floor.
- Must be able to work in and promote a team oriented and "Safety First" environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Using equipment and SOP validation processes, determines whether product meets specification to release or hold. Including but not limited to; out of spec product, raw materials and packaging materials. Notify QA Supervisor regarding process deviations and/or when production is (or will be) outside of control parameters
- As designated, participate in effective analysis and management of the "hold" process. Including but not limited to;
- Analysis of all Taptone rejects and record results. Determine reason for leak (properly report finding to Quality Supervisor.
- Daily inspection of autoflush systems to verify equipment is working properly and in accordance with quality standards.
- Daily inspection of Filtecs to ensure that product is filling at appropriate levels. Make decisions based on findings. May need to shut down line and hold product. Work with Maintenance department to repair/correct issues. Prepare documentation, obtain samples for analysis and determination of next steps. Hold or release
- Run PU meters through pasteurizer and act on results.
- Conduct regular daily seam analysis. Evaluate to ensure that can line seaming operation is within specifications and determine if they are any leakers. Determine if line should continue or cease operation until corrected.
- Must be receptive to working in a team environment, effectively communicate and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Participation in Sensory Analysis. Includes, triangle testing and tasting samples from each new product introduced to the line.
- Communicate with various team members about issues following and enforcing all relevant Safety and Quality procedures
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects. Make recommendations for improved processes.
- Accurately conduct and document daily and monthly audits and processes regarding GMP's and HACCP plan. Enforce and follow all brewery and food safety standards. Shut down processes that do not comply with BBC GMP's and notify proper parties.
- Work with QA Management on packaging material qualifications. Ensure quality standards are met. Including, but not limited to, stack tests, crown, label and new bottle integrity/standard testing.
- Must be able to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- Communicate with co-workers face to face, via brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Accurately manage the product retain (Beer Library). Collect, document and store the proper amount of product from each tank to ensure compliance with regulatory (TTB) needs as well as brewery procedures.
Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years industry experience. Desired:
Concentration in Technical field
Desired: Managerial Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP through work experience
- Must be proficient with computers and automated equipment to input and understand data as required. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and QI Analyst
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and production safety practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Must have demonstrated ability to successfully work in a self-directed work force
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in multi-functional departments.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a "get-it-done, can-do" attitude.
- Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach
- Continuous Improvement experience - Lean Manufacturing and/or TPM.
N/A Physical Demands and Working Conditions : Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, and wear eye, hearing, and head protection.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and hot and cold room environments.
To be completed by HR. Competencies
At the Boston Beer Company, we believe in Leadership
at all levels and have set the following expectations for every employee.Communicate Effectively
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the
unique needs of different audiences.Act with Accountability
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.Drive Action
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.Lead with Courage
Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.Own Our Development
Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.Navigate Complexity
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.Value Collaboration
Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Disclaimer: This job role is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee and are subject to change. Date:Employee Signature
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or