The QA Team Lead position is responsible for mentoring and guiding a small team of QA Engineers, Specialists, and Testers to ensure all software produced by the Solutions Engineering Center (SEC) has undergone rigorous testing and meets or exceeds a set of quality standards agreed to by management and development teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Guide and Mentor a small team of QA Engineers, Specialists and Testers towards the successful release of an assigned SEC Software Solution by developing testing strategies and assigning work to team members to ensure that all testing commitments/schedules are met.
- Set clear expectations and goals and monitor each team member s progress.
- Oversee results analysis, troubleshooting and defect reporting and provide accurate and timely status reports to key stakeholders.
- Continuously track team progress, manage and strive to remove any blockers to meet release date commitments.
- Ensure QA best practices are consistently maintained and provide insight to the team on how to improve them.
- Work closely with other QA leaders and Development teams to release software on schedule, accurately communicating risks and following established QA processes.
In addition to the QA Team Lead role, this position is also responsible for acting as a standard team member within the SEC QA Group performing the following functions:
- Perform software quality testing on applications developed for and deployed to multiple operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, UNIX).
- Write reproduction procedures for any anomalies encountered and generate a complete final report.
- Work with programmers, application developers, project managers, technical writers, and other individuals to collect all information necessary to create effective QA Test Plans.
- Create QA test scripts and/or configure software testing tools to automate testing of software.
- Maintain QA equipment and prepare QA test environment. Work with multiple network operating systems (Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Novell, UNIX) and protocols.
- Conduct Training as needed on software applications developed by SEC.
- Conduct research and generate reports based on findings.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Must have effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively lead a project team. Must be able to organize and clearly present a variety of technical information to a variety of audiences (including non-technical).
- Ability to conduct repetitive regression testing.
- Experience with evaluating software applications on Windows, Macintosh, Unix and Linux platforms.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications such as Project, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluent with various web browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with programmers to obtain information required to create and administer QA Test Plans.
- Ability to generate detailed QA Test Reports.
- Ability to demonstrate software applications, travel and attend trade shows.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Experience with bug tracking and versioning software such as CVS, Subversion, or GIT is a plus.
- Knowledge of PC networking and Network Operating Systems is a plus.
- Networking training or certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of configuring and maintaining Microsoft SharePoint.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Knowledge of Printer Description Languages (PCL/PostScript).
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- BS Bachelor s degree in a related field (Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.) or 5+ years of work-related experience.