Magnum Multimedia is an SBA 8(a) certified interactive web design agency located in Northern Virginia. We are looking for a QA Test Engineer to lead quality assurance, usability and Web performance management initiatives that support the goals and objectives of the organization. You should be passionate about quality, speed, performance and what user-centric design can do for people.
Responsibilities and Core Competencies:
- Support the evaluation of program resources and assist in the procurement of tools, internal resources and/or external resources, as applicable, to ensure proper execution of the compliance program
- Interact with various business groups to understand how they use IT systems to determine security assessment scope
- Oversee the team(s) that perform IT General Computer Controls (GCC) testing and ensure quality of testing results and working paper documentation
- Regularly interact with senior management to convey findings identified through walkthroughs and testing, assess the risk and impact of deficiencies, and make recommendations for remediation
- Provide oversight to change and release management and make recommendations for process improvement
- Understanding quality assurance methodologies for testing in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Working with managers, developers and end users to ensure requirements have been thoroughly identified, validated, and documented
- Supporting all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including writing clear test plans and distinct instructional test cases, software verification of web applications, entering and tracking defects, regression testing, load/performance testing, etc.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Managing defects, including tracking defects from the time they are identified/reported through closure
- Leading unit testing sessions, including providing acceptance testing overviews and supporting testing audience during formal validation
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Working knowledge of Accessibility Testing, working with Assistive Technology Tools and 508 Compliance requirements
- 3+ years performing quality assurance enterprise-wide information technology initiatives for large organizations
- Hands on experience implementing projects using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies particularly Kanban experience
- Experience with automation testing (JIRA, Selenium)
- Experience with case management solutions/processes
- Ability to multi-task, work in stressful situations, and effectively accomplish tasks/goals
- Ability to obtain government Public Trust clearance
Nice to Have:
- You are a good listener and an excellent problem solver
- You have confident presentation and interpersonal skills
- You possess strong written, oral and diagrammatic communication skills
- You're highly analytical, detail-oriented, and organized
- You have a passion for your craft and always identifying new opportunities to improve it
- You have a willingness to learn, grow and adapt as the web continues to evolve
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Shares expertise with others. Willing to learn new technologies like GitHub, GitLab, JIRA, cURL
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
BA or BS Degree in related field
Perks That Come With The Job:
- Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Three (3) weeks Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Ten (10) Federal Holidays
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral program
Our success is the result of exceptional team members who excel both independently and collaboratively. If you love what you do and are looking for a place where your talents will thrive, we would love to hear from you. No staffing agencies, outsourcing companies and phone calls, please.