Business Acceptance Tester
Reporting to (Job Title)
80K to 85K with 10-% yearly bonus
The Business Acceptance Tester is responsible for various components within a system. This person will become the SME for the business. They will conduct test activities prior to the release of application code to validate it will carry out the required tasks it was designed to address in real-world situations and verifies that requirements and business objectives are successfully met. This position writes test cases and scripts, engages with business users to determine if the delivered functionality satisfies the requirements and works with development to resolve identified issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reviews business requirements and functional specifications to understand the functional and technical requirements.
- Develops test scenarios and scripts by analyzing business requirements and engaging with project team members and subject matter experts as necessary.
- Perform functionality, workflow and regression testing as a business user in order to validate the application and its operational configuration meet business requirements and objectives and certify the user acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for test data creation.
- Documents all defects uncovered during testing for tracking and resolution in required monitoring system.
- Validates that corrective actions taken by development resolve identified defects.
- Responsible for validating BAT scenarios, test data creation, defect monitoring and regression during BAT, validation of end to end business processes and production validation activities.
- This role will require frequent collaboration with Offshore resources
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Strong knowledge of application testing
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Team player and the capacity to work with multiple project members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Strong time management skills
- 5-10 years of related experience in manual testing
- Industry knowledge and experience desirable