Apex Systems is seeking a results oriented Software QA Engineer Lead with minimum 7 years total hands-on experience, including 3 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations along with accomplished communication, negotiation and problem resolution skills. Innovative problem solver with hands on testing experience and ability to see both the business and technical sides of the problem. Reengineered and facilitated key QA methodologies, processes and metrics standards resulting in increased quality of releases delivered to clients. Strong expertise in UI automation and backend testing. Strong analytical skills with solid technical background in distributed development environments.Job Title:
QA Tester Location:
Oaks, PA (Remote to start, eventually need to be in Oaks, PA) Duration:
12 months +
?? Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the QA Manager to evaluate and enhance SQA standards, technologies and approaches
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Support all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases and deliver high quality products
- Track testing risks and develop mitigation action plans
- Responsibilities will include the creation and execution of detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements (Including manual and automated testing environments).
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- 7 years' of experience in QA Testing experience.
- 2+ years' of experience with HP LoadRunner for Performance Testing.
- 2+ years' of experience with HP ALM (Application Life Cycle Management) tool.
- 2+ years' of experience with SQL scripting for pulling queries to test SQL code.
- 2+ years' of experience testing REST and/or SOAP Web Services using JSON requests with Postman or SoapUI.
- Experience testing Microsoft stack Web Applications (ASP.Net, C#, SQL Server stack).
- Experience with JIRA or similar Test Management Tools.
- Experience with test tools such as Selenium WebDriver, BDD/TDD frameworks is a major plus.
- Extensive knowledge of QA tools such as ALM, Jira and methodologies.
- Experience developing test frameworks and test cases using open source test frameworks is preferred.
- Experience with testing of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) tools such as (Hyland OnBase, Alfresco, OpenText, Box, IBM Filenet is a major bonus.
- Should be able to understand the technical details of the product(s) and assist Development team in troubleshooting general and Production issues.
- Experience with writing clear, concise, and comprehensive supporting test documentation.
- Ability to triage with other teams (Business, SIT, and development) to resolve issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of common software testing procedures and methodologies.
- Familiar with new innovative trends or tools in the QA industry.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or