Contract to Hire Only - 3 openings
United States citizenship is required for this position.
The client is seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance professional to develop, support and deliver testing strategies and solutions for large-scale applications. This role requires gathering and analyzing data including the review of systems requirements to write test plans and scripts, perform functional testing, track and facilitate defect resolution, and apply analytical problem solving skills by collaborating with business and technical staff throughout the testing process.
• Develops test materials (e.g., scenarios, scripts, data, and expected results) to validate acceptance of approved modifications and change requests (CRs) for each software release; updates test materials (e.g., scenarios, scripts, data, and expected results) as modifications are completed.
• Updates and validates test data in a lower-level environments to ensure environments and processes are setup for functional testing, usability testing, User Acceptance Testing, and pre-production validations.
• Performs Functional Testing: executing manual scripts, documenting and reporting the results, troubleshooting and analyzing identified problems, documenting objects or data warranting cleanup, re-testing, and validating modifications.
• Analyzes and provides testing considerations and expected impact for all directly related activities associated with changes, defects, and modifications of release plans.
• Prepare and analyze test results to aid in problem solving and facilitate decision-making
• Initiate Change Requests (CRs) as appropriate to capture defects and enhancements identified during the testing process, and track existing or potential issues along with a recommended course of action and/or options.
• Participate in scheduled meetings with business owners, development, and support teams to identify, troubleshoot, and discuss system problem reports with subject matter experts to communicate progress and barriers to completing application testing goals.
• Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, with specific emphasis on systems integration, functional, and regression testing methods.
• Collaborate with the development and configuration management teams for deployments into the test environments.
• Establish and adhere to quality assurance guidelines and standards as defined by the project and/or organization requesting testing services.
• Enter and report all daily activities using status tracking tools (JIRA, ALM) and/or other testing and/or tracking software as required including updating daily and weekly reports of test cases executed, requirements tested, and any problems or defects found.
• Reports on the status and progress of assigned software testing assignments, ensuring that instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines, and quality have been met.
• Participates in the development, management, and maintenance of the systems which includes but is not limited to developing an understanding of the manual and automated processes; defining and writing requirements; writing test scripts and testing; and reviewing and improving on system documentation.
• Proven application testing experience that includes testing of large, complex, enterprise-wide Web applications.
• Proficient in understanding written requirements, including use cases, supplementary specifications and requirements traceability.
• Proficient in writing test plans and test cases and ability to execute detailed steps with precision, thoroughly reviewing results for even minor differences, and maintaining a high level of detail and adherence to process.
• Experience with HP Quality Center / ALM to conduct test planning, execution, and reporting.
• Experience with issue/defect tracking and change management tools, such as JIRA, HP Application Life Cycle Management a plus.
• Proficient in gathering and preparing data and files for testing.
• Experience with change management, release packaging and deployment concepts.
• Practical experience reviewing and researching log files to troubleshoot issues.
• Experience in developing and executing SQL statements for testing and validation preferred.
• Practical experience with iterative and agile software development methodologies and practices a plus.
• Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing and tools a plus.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
• Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts, principles, products, technical and business knowledge.
• Makes sound, well informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
• Comfortable with and willing to initiate sharing knowledge and experiences to facilitate continuous improvement.
• Ability and willingness to work on a collaborative geographically dispersed team in a cross-functional environment.
• Strong customer service and consultation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, action oriented, and actively pursues opportunities.
• Highly committed to the team’s success.
• Comfortable working in an open, collaborative team room environment.
Education and other Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, business administration, and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
• At least two years of direct experience as a software quality assurance analyst or engineer working on major application integration and/or major product releases required.