Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a QA Tester
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Information Technology Services
clients in Evanston, IL
- Develop and execute test plans, identify defects and report them in defect management system.
- Develop and execute automated testing for assigned projects to create solid regression test beds.
- Conduct automation code pull request reviews, ensuring code meets defined best practices for ensuring quality control of testing deliverables.
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies.
- Provide accurate level of effort estimates based on business requirements.
- Participate in technical design work with Business Analysts, Development, QA/Testing staff, Test Lead, and other stakeholders to plan and execute tests.
- Collaborate with test lead to do proof of concept on QA strategic initiatives.
- Work with development and other stakeholders to resolve defects and blockers.
- Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
- Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
- Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
- Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Maintain testing notes, release notes to support internal and external IT audits.
- Work across teams to promote best practices for quality assurance/testing and help to develop/execute automation testing throughout the business as appropriate.
- Identify areas for improvement and, with leadership, peers, or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
- Research and identify root causes of performance issues in partnership with performance engineer, architects, developers, network and system engineers. Ensure results of root cause analysis are presented to all stakeholders.
- Participate in technology showcases to learn and present new methodologies in software engineering.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Programming languages Java, Python, Groovy etc.
- Automation tools/frameworks Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, JBehave, Gherkins, TestNG, JUnit etc.
- Build tools Maven, Gradle etc.
- Others JIRA, SOAP UI, Postman, JMeter etc.
- Solid experience working with relational databases and writing SQL queries.
- Experience working with Linux
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement.
- Strong knowledge of the software development process.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Solid QA testing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to develop and execute automated and performance testing.
- Basic understanding of working within budgets.
- Understanding of industry trends.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
- Strong research skills (tools/root cause analysis).
- Good oral and written communication.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com