has a fantastic contract opportunity for an entry-level QC Microbiologist to work at a leading Bio-Pharmaceutical company in the Montgomery County area. The ideal candidate will have 0-3 years' of experience in a Pharmaceutical or Food Microbiology setting. Ideal candidate will have a BS in the Life Sciences and entry level WILL BE CONSIDERED! The QC Microbiology
will perform microbiological testing, release of in-process, intermediates and finished products, and testing for validation purposes. This role completes appropriate documentation to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, and inventory forms. Additionally, this role is responsible for assisting with the writing of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and revision of existing documentation. Responsibilities:
Education & Experience
- Conducts routine and non-routine analysis of environmental samples, raw materials, in process, and finished products according to SOPs.
- Reports identified abnormalities to QC Management for resolution and response.
- Adheres to Company safety procedures and guidelines on a daily basis.
- Completes appropriate documentation to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, and inventory forms.
- Responsible for assisting with writing new SOPs or revising existing documentation.
- Under supervision, writes Deviation Investigations (DI's), Laboratory Assessments (LA's), and Investigation Reports (IR's).
- B.S. in a Biological Science or related field with a minimum of 0-3 years' experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry required.
- Microbiology testing experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry required.
- General experience in a development, quality, or manufacturing environment preferred.
Please send resumes to David Neto at for immediate consideration.
- Functional and technical knowledge of microbiology testing (i.e., USP Purified Water, WFI, Nitrogen, Compressed Air, Environmental Monitoring, bioburden, endotoxin, TOC).
- General knowledge of cGMP practices, ICH requirements, stability, and validation.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at