QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (DATA WAREHOUSE)
This Dallas based client has a large, 85+ Terabyte data warehouse, serving multiple business units. Due to last year’s success, they are adding a Data Warehouse Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to the team. This company is a leader in providing innovative services to their customers. They have proven track record, a history of innovation, and excellence in Data Warehouse solutions.
Check out our video for this role!
Here are the top three skills they are looking for:
- Experience in Quality Assurance testing, scripting and remediation in a manual testing environment.
- Ability to create a test strategy, test cases, and testing scripts for Data Warehouse ETL processes.
- Excellent SQL skills.
If performing a Quality Assurance role in a Data Warehouse is your passion, and you're looking for a joining a highly talented peers in a fun corporate culture, then our client is the place for you! Their dedication to employees, clients, partners, and customers has resulted in tremendous growth and public recognition!
Your day-to-day Development role will:
- Execute the technical testing strategy and tactical plan for performing Quality Assurance functions for the Enterprise Data Warehouse Platform.
- Serve as a DW QA Analyst, with project management responsibilities in the day-to-day interaction and requirements gathers duties from clients, stakeholders, customers, and clients.
- Work closely with business users to understand key performance metrics and analytics in delivering effective solutions.
- Gather, document, and communicate accurate, detailed, and extensively diagramed testing requirements at an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by data warehouse architects / analysts and application developers;
- Plan, execute, and document user interviews and outcomes while building solid relationships with business users; with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with key members of the design team to design, build, test, and deploy an environment that supports a single version of the truth, actionable results, flexibility for the future, performance, data quality, and data governance.
- Collaborate in the conceptualization, analysis, development, and deployment strategies for data storage, ETL, and reporting at the enterprise level with minimal supervision. Responsible for the accurate documentation of business terms, reporting needs, calculations, and any appropriate metadata; using available tools
- Ensure that established standards, quality requirements & best practices are followed in all development efforts.
- Identify, develop and document detailed business requirements and detailed specifications through the Data Warehouse life cycle integrating with existing data warehouse environment.
- Review data models, ETL design documents, and BI design documents with appropriate team members to verify they meet business requirements.
We can get you an interview, If You Have:
- 7+ years experience with a proven track record as an Information Technology Professional
- Highly skilled in developing and executing Quality Assurance (QA) testing and remediation – aligning technology to business needs.
- Minimum 5 years experience in data warehouse gathering, understanding, and documenting business reporting requirements for complex data warehouse solutions
- Highly skilled in SQL programming, stored procedures, and scripting. Experience with Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server databases.
- Exposure or knowledge using InfoSphere products including: Information Data Architect, DataStage, QualityStage, Business Glossary, Information Analyzer, Metadata Workbench, Information Services Director, Blueprint Director, Fast Track, and Optim in a Data Warehouse environment
- Ability to partner and build relationships with Senior Management, and communicate to multiple audiences
- Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver
- Ability to deal with long term goals along with immediate performance concerns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical audience
- Experience with leading BI tools such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or others desired.
Why you'll love working at our client:
- You'll work with an Outstanding group of talented professionals, one of the best in the industry, in a highly collaborative, team and results oriented atmosphere!
- You'll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and extremely positive environment where there is always the opportunity to challenge your skills and really move the needle.
- You’ll work with large, sophisticated, and progressive clients throughout North America.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and indicate job title. U.S. citizens and US Permanent residents are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check, drug test, education verification, and employment verification before starting this assignment. If you feel you do not have all the qualifications to fit this position, please forward this to a friend or co-worker. We would like to thank everyone who submits his or her resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. r2 Technologies offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a smoke free and drug free workplace. If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about r2 Technologies at www.r2now.com.