Software QA Engineer
Irving TX / Corporate HQ
12 month Contract / CTH
UPDATED Description and Requirements:
- Performs functional testing activities on one large IT project or multiple smaller IT projects, concurrently.
- Expert in functional testing process, including test scope identification, test requirements management, test case development, test scheduling, and defect management.
- Knowledge of functional and structural testing design techniques
- Experience in writing and executing test cases
- Ability to Report and Track defects
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Other duties related to the overall effectiveness of the Software Engineering organization including adherence to software life cycle methodology, tools, and internal tracking systems.
- Provides Insight and Data about Testing Tasks
- Work with Project Managers/Test Lead in providing inputs for Planning Resources and Timelines
- Strong understanding of common Software Development Lifecycle methodologies, including Waterfall and iterative approaches like Agile / Scrum.
- Expert in using HP Quality Center / ALM for equivalent test and defect management tools
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills with IT and Business audiences.
- Daily Triage with Developers/testers, other leadership meetings as needed, regular interaction with Testers, Functional Leads, Tech Leads, PMs.
- Excels at working in a project environment and on cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- Consistently delivers day-to-day assignments with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Independently develops key deliverables and publishes with minimal supervisor review.
- Minimum 1 year of testing experience with a Brick and Mortar Retailer in the last 2 years and the retailer is either a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, Grocery store or a convenience store
- Must have good experience in R-POS Systems Testing.
- Hands on experience in R-POS Tests Execution, Test data preparation.
- Experience in Testing different Network Payments on the R-POS – Credit, Debit, Gift Card
- Experience testing Point of Sale Loyalty Programs.
- Experience Testing on Fuel Pumps
- Experience verifying the Back office Cash Reports, Ordering, Inventory management Functions on a Retail Store System.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Applications is a must.
Interested or know anyone who may be qualified?
Attach a fresh resume and salary requirements.
Will pay referral fee for all placed candidates.
Feel free to contact us at