Company Description pureIntegration
is seeking a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer / Software Developer in Test (SDET) - Java
to join our growing team developing video platforms that handle billions of requests and millions of users. The team designs, develops, tests and delivers innovative products and services that are essential to bringing Internet, TV and voice to more than 28 million residential and business customers.
We are looking for a back-end focused QA Engineer (SDET) with Cucumber/Karate expertise who is heavily experienced in API testing of core Java applications. The engineer will be familiar with using API documentation, such as Swagger, to understand how an API call should be structured and what the expected output should be. The engineer should also be comfortable looking at source code for the services being tested as necessary to understand API usage or failure points, as well as collaborative with senior Java developers to understand the services being tested. Core Responsibilities:
- Automate back-end test cases in Karate framework against APIs written in Java
- Interrogate API endpoints through Swagger documentation and reading source code to understand how API calls should be made (payload, authentication, etc) as well as expected responses
- Create test cases and pass/fail criteria given self-evaluation of endpoints to be tested, and in collaboration with software development team members
- Incorporate feedback from Peer Reviews into created test automation, and be part of a team to provide peer review to other QA engineers
- Participate in daily scrum calls, sprint planning, grooming and other Agile ceremonies; create and update user stories/tasks
- Make improvements to the overall Karate testing framework to ensure its execution during CI pipelines
Remote (travel to Philadelphia, PA may be necessary) Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar.
- 2+ years of overall QA automated testing experience
- QA API Backend Testing utilizing Cucumber and/or Karate
- QA testing against JAVA is Required
- Experience in Agile, Jira, Confluence, Splunk
- Experience with API testing
- Ability to function collaboratively within teams of developers, scrum masters, product owners,etc
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a high standard of quality
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to change
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Then pureIntegration
would love to hear from you! Your career journey starts here! pureIntegration,
a systems integration company headquartered in the DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries - communications, media, and entertainment. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating. As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
In over 16 years of Digital Transformation consulting and professional services, pureIntegration has successfully designed, integrated, and deployed winning solutions at scale which have resulted in measurable performance increases. Most importantly, we have done it while maintaining 97% client satisfaction for the past 15 years. With a rich heritage in Communications, Media and Entertainment, our diverse and expanding portfolio includes Fortune 500 enterprises spanning Utilities, Manufacturing, Insurance, CPG, Healthcare, Logistics and other select verticals. pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.