Quality Assurance Analyst
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then CoStar is the place for you. Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data. We are THE leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry. Every day customers use our data and products to make multi-million dollar investment decisions. Our team in San Diego is growing and searching for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who can take us to the next level. Are you up for the challenge?
The Sr. Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will be responsible for verifying and ensuring the health, stability and overall quality of business systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Ensures that products conform to business requirements/company policies, software quality standards, and established procedures
-Confirms that testable systems are specified, designed and implemented -Designs, documents and implements procedures and techniques that are consistent with departmental SQA Methodology for analyzing, testing, and evaluating the risk (software & business), accuracy, completeness, internal integrity/consistency, testability and overall quality of business systems and SDLC processes
-Creates and maintains SQA deliverables including test plans, test cases, test data, project test progress and release reports, application turnover documents and test schedules
-Recommends and assists in corrective actions taken at all stages of product life -Submits and tracks production (maintenance) and release issues in their respective systems
- BS degree in information systems, computer science, or related field.
- 2+ years industry experience as a software quality assurance test engineer
- Accounting experience highly recommended
- An understanding of quality assurance test methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC) is critical.
- Experience testing mission-critical relational database applications and web-based enterprise systems
- Experience with relational databases (administration and T-SQL)
- Experience reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems
- Ability to report on test progress
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Proven capacity to effectively interface with dynamic development teams
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office tools, Internet, e-mail
- Familiarity with test automation strategies and tools
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing