QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
Under the direction of the Director of Application Development and Support or assigned supervisor, perform a variety of specialized and complex Quality Assurance (QA) duties in creating, enhancing and maintaining the test scripts, automating test suites, creating test plans which is required for testing variety of web/system applications as assigned.
Application Deadline: 2/28/2018 3:00PM Pacific
• Perform a variety of specialized duties in creating, enhancing and maintaining test scripts, automating test suites, and creating test plans; create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases; estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities; develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
• Participate in meetings with clients, Software Engineer lead, QA lead and project sponsors to identify system requirements for the project.
• Create test reports required for: testing a variety of web system applications as assigned; document results of QA testing to the lead of the project team.
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
• Monitor debugging process results.
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Plan, write and execute automation scripts.
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Track quality assurance metrics, defect densities and open defect counts.
• Work in support of QA lead and System Analyst to ensure requirement traceability matrix.
• Attend and participate in a variety of assigned meetings, committees, conferences, in-services and/or special events.
• Comply with schedules, policies, regulations, procedures, orders and directives of the County Superintendent.
• Exhibit professionally appropriate interpersonal skills including but not limited to tact, patience, flexibility, courtesy and customer service.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Operate a variety of office equipment, including but not limited to a computer and assigned software applications.
• Serve as a liaison between County Superintendent and administrators, personnel, outside organizations or the public concerning assigned area.
• Serve as a technical resource concerning assigned program, function or instructional area.
• Work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with others in the course of work in assigned area.
• Drive a vehicle to conduct work, using own transportation.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Travel may be required in and outside of California.
• Work a flexible work schedule as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Automation trends and tools available in market.
• Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
• Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
• Database and white box validation functions.
• Requirement management, test management and issue management system(s) and processes.
• Software Quality Assurance; QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• SQL and scripting, DB, RDBMS, and stored procedures.
• Test Management tools such as QC, Zephyr, QA Complete.
• Tools, concepts and methodologies of QA, Relevant regulatory requirements like white box and black box testing.
• Proper English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary in all forms of communication.
• State Education Code, local, state and federal laws, codes, regulations and requirements and county office organization, operations, policies and objectives as related to assigned activities and/or instructional area.
• Theoretical and technical aspects of field of specialty.
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and databases.
• Investigate and troubleshoot the problem.
• Maintain records related to work performed.
• Meet the schedule and timelines.
• Perform variety of functions to ensure deliverables are validated with quality consideration.
• Prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously.
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Work on Automation script creation for Web and System Application’s.
• Analyze and evaluate situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Drive a vehicle to conduct work.
• Interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Maintain consistent, reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with federal, state and local standards.
• Safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Work confidentially and with discretion.
• Work independently with little direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or State High School Proficiency certificate.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
• One year of experience working in an Information Technology Quality Assurance industry preferred.
LICENSURE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, and Six Sigma certifications preferred.
• Valid California driver’s license; when driving for work, maintain automobile liability insurance in accordance with California Insurance Code section 11580.1 or maintain other statutorily authorized financial responsibility. .
• Enrollment in the California Department of Motor Vehicles Government Employer Pull Notice Program at time of hire and throughout employment with County Superintendent.
• Drive a vehicle to conduct work, using own transportation.
• Office environment.
• Regular interruptions.
• Small and large group meetings.
• Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching; climb or balance.
• Eyesight corrected or uncorrected sufficient to read a variety of materials including but not limited to fine print.
• Hearing with or without use of hearing aid(s) sufficient to hear any conversation with others; understandable voice and speech patterns.
• Manual dexterity and coordination sufficient to operate office and/or classroom equipment.
• Sitting, standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
• Use hands to handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms.
• Must frequently lift, push, pull or carry up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
This position description may not be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification; however, it is intended to accurately reflect the principle job elements. Related duties, knowledge, or abilities to those expressly stated may also be required for successful performance of the position.