The Quality Assurance Analyst I s role is to enforce quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization and collaborates on the writing of test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The QA Analyst I will gather and analyze data in support of business cases and requirements. The QA Analyst I will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Creates and executes test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Analyzes formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and executive management.
- Applies established metrics to determine the readiness, quality, and operability of software, systems, and products due for release to clients and/or within the enterprise.
- Ensures that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborates with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Tests any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Assists in the change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Ensures that software quality measures comply with regulatory standards, industry standards, and accepted best practices.
- Supports the company s overall business strategy and departmental goals by accomplishing tasks as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration.
- 2 - 4 years direct experience in software testing including experience as a tester for a major application integration and/or major application product release.
- 5 years of experience needed without Bachelor s degree.
- Certifications in software quality assurance preferred (i.e. CSQA, CSTP, etc...)
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with web-based core software applications
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Visio; knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent PC skills and experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Technical knowledge preferred.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks; conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Experience working independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
Bias for Action
Service and Sales Excellence
Teamwork and Communication
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required which include, close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Office Environment. The noise level is usually moderate.