Wanted: Quality Assurance Analyst - Critical Thinker to Help Us Build Tomorrow's Future
We are in search of an Analytical Professional to ensure that testing is well executed. The Quality Assurance Analyst II, does this by ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested, fully analyzed and diagnosed so that any potential issue is identified and resolved before the product goes live.
In the role of Quality Assurance Analyst , you will act as a Quality Assurance Professional to review and validate the functionality, reliability, stability and compatibility of new and existing systems.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will follow testing methodologies, write test cases, execute test cases, testing, while documenting and analyzing the test results. They will engage other team members, regardless of titles, to ensure that our high departmental standards of quality are met. The ideal candidate will have the versatility and desire to work on multiple projects and/or assist their teammates as necessary to meet the expectations set by the team.
If this description excites you, we encourge you to apply and take the first step towards being part of a learning and execution culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded and valued.
* Highly self-motivated and directed to work independently with minimal supervision, but also comfortable working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
* Ability to dissiminate and convey information and ideas clearly and effectively
* Effective Communication (written and verbal) - to ensure ability to provide written analysis, write test plans and test cases. And the ability to communicate defects to developers and other stakeholders
* Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills and ability to follow through on requests and proactively communicate status
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
* Highly analytical and efficient with keen attention to detail and accuracy
* Able to decompose documentation for application requirements and technical specifications.
* Creative solving of technical problems - to ensure the ability translate technical requirements test plans
* Other duties as assigned
* Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
* Experience in writing test cases for other team members to execute and/or conducting test campaigns Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements to business requirements and create a test coverage plan.
* Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
* Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
* Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
* Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
* Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
* Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
* Able to document defects, using a defect tracking system, and report defects to appropriate stakeholders
* Able to identify and perform thorough regression testing when new builds are deployed or defects are resolved
* Provide accurate testing and test planning estimates as inputs into the entire software development life cycle.
* Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes
* Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solutions
* BS or BA degree preferred.
* 3+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
* 3+ years financial experience or e-business systems experience.
* Regulatory testing experience a plus
* Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs, triggers.
* Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases. Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications. Liaison with development, project management, and customer support
* Very good knowledge of SDLC and experience working with Agile teams essential
* Excellent oral and written communication skills essential
* Proficient in Agile development and practices, especially Scrum
* Test planning and executing experience in systems (e.g. Bugzilla, Quality Center, JIRA).
No Supervisory Experience Required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a work schedule of Monday-Friday with some schedule variations as needed.
This position will not require travel.
ACA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ACA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.