Description Job Description:
The Leidos Digital Solutions program has an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst
, based in our Vienna, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the most popular CRM software, Intranet Quorum (IQ), which is used by high profile clients on Capitol Hill, in governors' offices, state and local governments and by various federal agencies. As a member of the Quality Assurance team, the successful candidate will perform software unit testing, regression testing and system testing. Additionally, they will assist in configuring QA test systems, developing test scripts for use in testing automation, and writing product documentation for release notes, online help and internal communications.
The quality assurance team partners closely with software development and engineering teams in the software release process and also collaborates with other teams across the DSI program, including knowledge management and training, software escalation support, software consulting, marketing and product development.
The Leidos DSI Program Quality Assurance mission is one that encourages team members to explore their unique strengths and to use them to help improve our Intranet Quorum (IQ) software product at all phases in the software development lifecycle as well as other processes in our program.Primary Responsibilities:
In this position, the individual will perform various activities to ensure and enhance quality in our IQ software product as well as related services.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting to confirm and reproduce reported software defects and identify workarounds.
- Testing newly coded software changes including bug fixes and enhancements.
- Developing and documenting test scripts for unit testing in collaboration with the development team.
- Working with the team to ensure meeting software release deadlines amidst competing priorities.
- Collaborating and communicating with teammates and software developers throughout the testing process.
- Documenting new features for release notes, online help and internal training.
- Providing consultation when updates for eLearning and training materials may be needed.
- There may be additional opportunities for stretch assignments in this role for process improvement, documentation and more as program needs arise.
Must be able to work onsite in Vienna, VA, (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office). One will need to report/be available to go to the Vienna, VA office in person periodically for training/collaboration.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.Required Qualifications:
The successful candidate is a constant and self-motivated learner of new technologies and applies new concepts when testing, troubleshooting, and providing creative problem-solving for the software development lifecycle. This individual is able to analyze, research and solve complex problems independently and will also seek collaboration with fellow team members when needed to meet deadlines and test in a timely manner. He or she applies focus on proactive communication and documentation of features and testing results. The necessary skills include:
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills for test planning, requirements tracking, change management and documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for documenting test cases, help files and communicating with technical or non-technical staff.
- Methodical, consistent and persistent in testing and documenting progress.
- Understanding of IT systems administration and network communications for troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail with natural curiosity, thinking outside-the-box to capture obscure issues or identify user experience problems.
- Capable of writing OR understanding and analyzing SQL statements.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive with development and product teams.
- Flexible and creative in problem-solving and suggesting work-arounds.
- Aptitude for learning programming languages.
- BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience with Intranet Quorum (IQ) software is a differentiator.
- Knowledge of working with automated testing.
- Familiarity with SQL Developer.
- Background in software training, customer support or consulting.
- Understanding of elected official constituent communications management or casework management.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program
, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies
" by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range: