Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
The QA Engineer drives customer confidence by assuring the quality of software products by engineering QA efficiencies in practice, through process, and with effective tools/techniques.
- Contributes to agile planning by establishing tasks and forecasts for work to be performed.
- Asks the right questions at the right time to reduce the introduction of quality risk.
- Works with QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality and provide technical direction
- Write and execute test cases that probe system limits in terms of function and performance.
- Identify/resolve software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during implementation.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures to ensure consistency in the way software is tested.
- Considers dependencies in test case design and execution.
- Support and facilitate timely releases and adherence to release activities.
- Develop, document, execute and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identify testable statements contained in requirements and specifications documents and design and implement manual and automated test cases.
- Produce high quality test cases to accept stories.
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Apply strong analytical, problem solving, judgment and skill to balance delivery content, quality and timing.
- Actively participate as a member of a product team that solves complex challenges and builds working software.
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Owner to break down user stories into small functional slices.
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practice positive interactions - leans on encouragement in place of judgment.
- 2-4 years in an agile Quality Assurance Analyst role
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience writing acceptance criteria/tests
- Ability to identify, track, and resolve defects
- Experience with designing and execution of test cases
- Manage environments in MS .Net
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive project setting
- Ability to maintain clear and timely communication of key information deemed critical to project success
- Manage software risk
- Ability to balance priorities
- Be highly motivated
- Go above and beyond the requirement of the role
- Articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Use straightforward assertive communication, in a structured way, when influencing others and contributing toward a positive work environment
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience