As the Quality Assurance Analyst you are responsible for creating and executing various end-to-end test plans; managing all aspects of the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. Testing is conducted related to functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with integrated elements and that the functionality supports business objectives.
You will ensure that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and addressed before the product is released to the business user community.
- Reviews new or modified application delivery (defects and enhancements) against requirements documentation, diagram, and flow charts, to determine if application will perform according to user request, conforms to departmental procedures and brand expectations.
- Develops, documents and maintains functional test cases that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests and usability.
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content. Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential issues following established protocols.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members and provide training of new features or design changes to ensure quality and application release schedules.
- Develop documentation to describe existing, new or modified features. Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness, or to mitigate risk.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to all levels in the organization.
- Associates Degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CSTE or ISTQB CTFL Certifications
- 1-2 years of relevant QA technical experience: knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of quality assurance testing and the ability to apply knowledge and skills to a range of professional assignments
- 1 year project management experience
- Possess a solid understanding of process flow and development; strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Skill in organizing resources, managing multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment. Willingness to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent knowledge in utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Experience in using automated testing scripts/software preferred but not a requirement
- Experience in Hospitality Industry a plus