Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.Location
- Test and validate program modules of increasing complexity to meet specifications and procedures standards.
- Conduct thorough and accurate testing of client/server and web-based applications.
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Validate software releases of basic complexity prior to distribution.
- Execute on automated test scripts and evaluate.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases of typically basic complexity for all testing assignments.
- Adhere to and assist in the development of standards and procedures.
- Assist with reviewing and editing test case scripts and writing queries.
- Assist with documenting and executing black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Assist in the identification of new procedures, methods and/or tools to improve the efficiency of the QA process.
- Assist in the design and requirements for new products.
- Provide analysis and consulting support for development and support employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Prior experience in software quality assurance required; Tyler software or related experience helpful.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills involving sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices preferred.
- Familiarity with basic coding and/or scripting is required.
- Full software development lifecycle familiarity is strongly preferred.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work streams effectively.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record of delivering successful results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving the ability to communicate verbally and in writing technical and non-technical information.
- Firm knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and query writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team.
- Ability to maintain a test environment effectively with regards to products, tools, data and related aspects.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.