Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG's Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG's Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The Consultant will be conducting independent quality assurance (QA) oversight and assessment activities in alignment with the State of Washington's Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) Policy 132. As such, it is expected that the candidate be knowledgeable and practiced in all aspects of Information Technology system life cycle project management processes as defined in the Project Management Institute® (PMI®) Project Management Book of Knowledge® (PMBOK®). Duties would include reviewing, monitoring, and observing project management activities, processes, and deliverables. The Consultant is expected to ensure that QA services are provided in alignment with a client's overall project schedule. Additionally, they would be responsible for supporting the written assessment reports developed by the team and overseeing the recommendations developed to ensure they provide early warning to our clients of potential risks; including, actionable input and recommendations that can be tracked to completion.
• Support the implementation of project management processes, methodologies, and tools to minimize risk and validate content.
• Conduct project management reviews and assessments of client and vendor activities, work products, and deliverables that includes identification of potential risks and recommendations for mitigation.
• Supports delivery of all QA services, work products, and deliverables.
• Have extensive experience in information technology project management;
• Have the ability to adapt to ambiguous situations on a consistent basis;
• Be able to work independently and lead specific tasks;
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification with Project Management Institute® (PMI®) Preferred
• Master Project Management (MPM) certification from a recognized college or institute Preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years providing QA services for a large scale (multi-million dollar) state or government agency IT project.