Our direct client need resource with proposal to enhance their website etc.. Please go thru the requirements and let me know your interest.
Scope of services
The Website Content Strategist/Copywriter provides professional services to augment the City’s public website project team. Successful applicants will have strong communication skills, excellent technical abilities, and effective analytical abilities. Proven years of experience in web communication and accessibility best practices is required. Expanding the racial and language diversity within the team is also an important component for augmenting resources on the public website project.
Specific job activities:
- Creates accessible and inclusive content that meets the needs of our audiences; pays attention to detail, language, flow, and grammar; uses meta data and SEO best practices.
- Writes for the web and provides a consistent user experience; edits and proofs content to ensure the City’s website quality assurance standards are met across the new public website. See https://www.minneapolismn.gov/about/ for details.
- Engages, collaborates with, and listens to City staff to transform information about City services and processes from the original website into plain language, and organizes it into the appropriate content types on the new platform. Understands the diversity of the public we serve; integrates knowledge about diverse individuals and groups of people into their work on the project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Required
- At a minimum community or technical college degree with a focus in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications or related degree; and at least 3 years experience in website content strategy/copywriting experience or related role OR 5 years experience in website content strategy/copywriting experience or related role.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate use of writing for the web, which includes but is not limited to, plain language, accessibility, SEO and web best practices in writing.
- Understanding of desktop, mobile and responsive web design.
- Ability to talk with others to identify their content needs.
- Solid understanding of content organization by topic.
- Ability to understand the organization’s goals and see where the opportunities are across audience groups.
- Ability to quickly transform content - comprehend source material and existing web content in order to transform into user centered, understandable or organized content.
- Write for inclusivity of the City’s diverse audience.
- Cultural agility – understands the diversity of the public we serve; demonstrates an awareness of, and sensitivity to, the needs and concerns of individuals from different perspectives, cultures and backgrounds. These differences may include education, job preference, work style, race, gender, country of origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including SharePoint and Microsoft Teams; other online collaboration tools such as Smartsheet.
Preferred technical/software experience: The City is especially interested in working with individuals who have experience using the TerminalFour web content management system, Oracle web content management system, SiteImprove analytics tools, and Google search.
Provide with proposal:
- Hourly rate.
- Schedule availability.
- Work sample for review to demonstrate content strategy and copywriting skills. The Interview process will include a hands-on exercise to demonstrate ability to rewrite City web content that incorporates plain language best practices