Apex Systems is looking for Quality Assurance Engineers in the Omaha area.
Qualified candidates can send a Word resume to Kristin at for more details. • Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback. • Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases. • Design, develop and execute automation scripts. • Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track issues. • Perform thorough regression testing when issues are resolved, or functionalities changed. • Investigate the causes of non-conforming software. • Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts. • Identify and communicate when QA processes are not being adhered to or when insufficient quality conditions exist • Collaborate with project teams to develop and promote quality assurance process and practices to improve overall quality. • Stay up-to-date with new testing tools, strategies, and methodologies. Minimum Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, system analysis or related field, or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience.
- Hands on experience in any one of the test automation tools (UFT, Test Complete, SoapUI, Selenium, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies.
- Familiar with Oracle PeopleSoft, Oracle Customer Care, And Billing, or other Enterprise and Utility specific applications.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress, Performance and Smoke/Sanity).
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or