Quality Assurance Manager
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then CoStar is the place for you. Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data. We are THE leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry. Every day customers use our data and products to make multi-million dollar investment decisions.
We are growing rapidly and searching for a QA Manager who will lead the team that's responsible for our manual testing efforts at CoStar. In this role you will manage a team of QA Analysts that are embedded on our product development teams. To be effective in this role you will need an extensive QA background team management and leadership experience, an understanding of QA best practices, and a desire to collaborate across teams and products. This is a great opportunity for the right leader to make their mark and set the direction for how we handle QA at CoStar.
- Act as a player coach, managing and coordinating the work of a team of QA professionals
- Be the voice for quality, and ensure our products and deliverables are thoroughly tested before release
- Collaborate with Technical Managers and Team Leads throughout the organization to understand their projects and their needs.
- Establish an efficient feedback loop between the QA team and our development teams to ensure our QA staff is effectively utilized while meeting the expectations of the delivery team.
- Advocate for ongoing release process improvements with our Technical Managers and DevOps
- Create, review and approve test plans including scope, test methodology and test case identification
- Provide ongoing metrics around testing and quality
- Hire and develop a smart, talented team that gets things done.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the business side of both LoopNet and CoStar.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen our technology platform and QA practices.
Skill & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably on a large-scale web based product
- 2+ years of people management, with a minimum of 2 direct reports preferred
- BS in Computer Science, related degrees, or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of Agile and SDLC, and how Quality Assurance processes fit in
- Experience with relational databases, SQL and the ability to do some data QA and analysis
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing