It's an exciting time to be in our IT department; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team. The Opportunity:
Our IT/Technology Department is now seeking a highly talented Quality Assurance Specialist/Software QA Engineer to join our team to help provide support to our internally-developed and third-party software solutions. The Quality Assurance Specialist works closely with business users and the project team to analyze business requirements in order to create project test scenarios and provide feedback on the actual system implementation of the business logic. The Quality Assurance Specialist will create test plans and test cases to ensure that the highest quality products are released to production.
This position is open for hire in our San Mateo (near San Francisco), CA, Camas (near Portland, OR), WA or Plano (near Dallas), TX offices. This will be a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity. The Day-to-Day:
- Design, document and execute test procedures in JIRA and on Zephyr TCM (Test Case Management)
- Conduct tests and record and document test results
- Coordinate with the Projects and Application Development teams to drive product quality
- Work closely with Application Development Group to promote software quality standards
- Work closely with the Projects Group to replicate customer issues and application use cases
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 4+ years' experience testing software in a structured setting
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Broad experience designing and maintaining automated tests in TestComplete or similar software
- Experience with standard software tools for test case management and defect tracking
- Able to interact creatively and achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Superior attention to detail and strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize across various tasks and cope with changes in daily workload under several deadlines
Preferred Skills/Previous Experience:
Why Fisher Investments?
- Strong SQL
- TestComplete, Silk Test or QTP regression test automation experience
- MS Dynamics is a plus
- Have a developer mindset and be able to build strong/specific test cases
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits upon permanent hire like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- 50% 401(k) match - up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of paid time off* (plus 9 paid holidays)
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of paid time off and 3 days of sick time per year.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. We look forward to hearing from you!
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER