Quality Assurance Supervisor/SQF Practitioner
Well established and growing Food and Beverage Company in the West Valley is looking to add a QA Supervisor/SQF Practitioner to their team! This position will fill as soon as a qualified candidate is identified - so don't delay with your application. General Summary
First line of supervision for laboratory, and is responsible for oversight of the Quality programs throughout the facility. The individual will drive all aspects of safety, quality, SQF certification, governmental requirements and continuous improvement programs within the operation. Regular hours will be Monday - Friday from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm with occasional overtime as production may need.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for the daily activities of the QA lab to ensure support of food safety and quality processes for the facility.
- Able to perform all the essential functions of a Quality Assurance (QA) Technician.
- Sets up, calibrates and maintains existing and new testing equipment in the lab.
- Leads manufactured and purchased product testing including documentation and reporting of all inbound items.
- Reviews and approves daily QA data, ensuring accuracy and adherence to specifications.
- Identifies areas for quality improvement and leads team to achieve desired targets
- Trains and schedules all QA technicians and maintains a prospective talent pool.
- Maintains compliance with FDA and other governing bodies (city/ state/ health department).
- Implements and works with department managers on continuous improvement programs
- Other duties as assigned to support over all departmental and corporate initiatives.
- Serves as SQF Practitioner for the facility.
- Prepares for and leads the team through third party food safety/ GMP audits.
- Leads SQF training.
- Manage internal audits and compliance for SQF, including overseeing corrective actions.
- Verification and audits of ongoing policies, SOP's and food safety/ SQF compliance.
- Secondary contact for Kosher certification, secondary contact GIG (Gluten Intolerance Group), secondary contact QAI (Organic Certification)
- Responsible for ensuring food safety in all actions and responsibilities
- Follows food safety practices and all applicable requirements of the SQF System
- Follows instructions and training for reporting of food safety problems to appropriate personnel
- Ensures coverage across all shifts, and replacement during absences
- Works with management and fellow associates to ensure Food Safety programs are followed.
- Reports food, office or operational safety problems to a supervisor or manager for initiating action.
- Performs other duties as assigned that will impact and support the overall outcome of the company and department objectives.
Reports to the Area Quality Assurance Manager
Direct reports include approximately 6 QA Leads and Technicians across 3 shiftsRequired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school graduate required. Food Science or comparable degree is preferred with 4-5 years' experience in QA and laboratory testing.
- Certified SQF Practitioner is preferred
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Suite, and proficiency with an iPad.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and desire and ability to interact with all levels of the enterprise.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Fundamental math skills.
- Knowledge of GMP food operations.
Please apply today to
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or