Are you passionate about technology? At UCS, we welcome innovative and cutting-edge thinking. We don’t just accept the status-quo, we embrace and encourage your out-of-the-box thinking. We are a pioneering Information Technology firm that prides ourselves on our ability to create lasting, state-of-the-art solutions. We transform the way our customers operate and offer you an opportunity to make a true difference in our Nation. From supporting national defense efforts, to advancing our countries technology infrastructure, you’ll be engaged in tackling the challenging issues our Country faces on a daily basis. Help us build groundbreaking solutions and learn what it takes to make your mark on the world. Grow with us and see Intelligence at Work.
Universal Consulting Services, Inc. is currently seeking a System Tester to support an application development project in Vienna, VA
This successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and delivering detailed test plans and test scripts for each phase of the SIT and UAT.
- Verifying that system changes meet performance, reliability, and security thresholds by comparing test results to desired Government requirements.
- Activities such as, but not limited to: performance testing; unit/functional testing; regression testing; usability testing; end-to-end testing; load testing; security testing; and collaboration with infrastructure personnel and/or technical experts.
- Analyzes results and documents post-test assessments during each phase of testing.
- Working collaboratively with project managers, business analysts and developers to review testing plans, testing progress, results, and next steps
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 7+ years of applicable experience (Senior), 4+ years of applicable experience (Mid)
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing requirements, executing and documenting tests and performing manual or automated, tool-driven testing scenarios
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables) and can work with the process and application teams to identify and close the gaps concerning software quality issues
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Experience working with developers in an Agile environment
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
UCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.