The Quality Assurance & Testing Analyst II performs highly complex (journey-level) software testing and quality assurance analysis work. Work involves planning, developing, and executing component, system, integration, and user acceptance testing of application systems; and administering internal quality assurance work to ensure software products meet standards and end-user requirements. May provide training and technical assistance. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Testing and Quality Assurance Manager.
0255/Systems Analyst IV/B22/Exempt
- Creates complex test plans and executes test cases; creates and maintains automated test scripts.
- Adapts testing techniques to satisfy evolving testing requirements.
- Promotes and adopts consistent testing standards, tools, and processes.
- Performs load/performance tests utilizing appropriate testing tools.
- Runs tests and diagnoses problems to ensure user requirements are met.
- Sets up and maintains the continuous integration environment for build and test.
- Utilizes structured query language (SQL) to analyze and validate data during testing.
- Conducts regression, performance, stress, security, usability, and interoperability testing activities for web applications, web services, batch jobs, etc.
- Deploys tested application from Development environment to QA and Production environment.
- Tracks test results, coordinates corrective actions, maintains accurate documentation of test activities and results, and instructs test team members.
- Uses HP testing tools in the testing process when appropriate (HP ALM Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, LoadRunner) including creating automated test scripts, load testing scripts, security testing scripts, etc.
- Works with development team and QA team to create and maintain automated software builds in release process.
- Collaborates closely with Business Analysts in the development and validation of requirements to ensure testability.
- May provide input on the development of quality control policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in developing solutions and recommendations to address documented problems, bugs, and potential software defects.
Training & Technical Assistance
- Provides assistance to the development team in isolating the cause of defects.
- May provide training and technical assistance to staff in the proper application of quality assurance procedures through all stages of the system development life cycle.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- High School graduation or equivalent and additional full-time work experience in information systems, software testing and quality assurance, systems analysis, programming, telecommunications, or a related technically oriented field may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year for year basis.
- Four (4) years of full-time information systems, software testing and quality assurance, systems analysis, programming, or related IT experience.
- Two (2) years software testing and quality assurance experience.
- Experience may be concurrent.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure:
- Experience using automated testing tools.
- Experience with application source control using tools such as Subversion and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with application and web servers and with integrated development environments (IDE) such as Eclipse and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience testing software developed in-house as well as third party software.
- Experience with web service testing.
- Project management experience.