DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. SUMMARY
The Quality Engineer - Wireless, works under the direction of a senior Quality Engineer and will have responsibilities from new product development through design transfer to manufacturing, field installation, and sustaining engineering.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
This role will require travel to both domestic and international DISH and supplier locations to review and enhance their effectiveness and capabilities
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Define quality and engineering requirements for product design, and coordinate testing
- Assure products are adequately transferred into production
- Maintain product and manufacturing compliance throughout the life of the product
- Support the DISH Quality Management System that establishes and maintains effective quality assurance processes and compliance
- Provide reliability-related reports to the company, pertaining to design, manufacturing, service, including statistical analysis of experimental, test and quality data
- Perform product Failure Investigations and other CAPA related activities
- Design and conduct experiments and tests to develop a body of knowledge on component and supplier product reliability
- Periodically conduct product and process validations
- Participate and conduct Supplier Audits
- Work with cross-functional teams on closure of quality issues found during build and field installation of equipment
- Clearly communicate any quality concerns to senior Quality engineers and/or management
- Support continuous improvement projects through utilization tools such as Six Sigma DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 8D Root Cause Analysis and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Pursue training and career development opportunities to improve technical skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of two years experience in Quality Assurance for a manufacturing environment
- Experience with continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing
- Experience designing and conducting tests to develop a body of knowledge on component and supplier product reliability
- Experience conducting root cause analysis on equipment issues
- Experience with ISO 9000
- Experience designing and developing process maps and plans for process improvement.
- Experience debugging manufacturing & equipment issues through root cause analysis
- Knowledge of electronic/mechanical components and systems, and knowledge of manufacturing practices and procedures. Must be proficient in the use of measuring tools including calipers, voltmeters, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes.
- Working knowledge RF, Fiber Optics, and related telecommunications tower equipment highly desirable
- Willing and able to travel to both domestic and international DISH and supplier locations
Compensation: $55,800.00/Yr. - $87,450.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.