Description Job Description:Join a team committed to a mission! At Leidos
, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Quality Engineer at our San Diego, CA office to join our team in the Quality Assurance Department Program which provides quality assurance, control, inspection and technical installation support for NAVSEA SONAR SQQ-89 A(V)15 and SPAWAR C4ISR installation programs.Are you ready to unleash your potential?Leidos Defense Group
provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world's toughest security challenges for customers with "can't fail" missions. To explore and learn more, click here
!Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! Responsibilities -
Work you'll do:
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Perform QA oversight and inspections on electrical, electronic and mechanical system installation projects for DDG and CG class ships.
- Assist team lead and project manager with the installation quality assurance and quality control and prevention efforts. Conduct and support necessary test and inspections for installation projects.
- Monitor and assure the installation items identified in the contract, SOW, task orders, and installation drawings are in accordance with the applicable military, commercial, OSHA, local standards for a quality product.
- Be a quality liaison between ship force, shipyard, and NAVSEA customer personnel to prevent, resolve and correct installation quality & safety issues and discrepancies.
- Develop, prepare and review quality plans of action for each ship or shore installation projects from start to finish IAW with the NAVESA, SOW, contract requirements.
- Develop, prepare and review Test and Inspection QA workbooks and documentation for each ship or shore installation projects from start to finish IAW with the NAVESA 009-04 and 9090-310 requirements.
- Prepare Quality Control Reports for each project site from start to finish. Input and maintain the report data in the applicable inspection system data base or documented information reporting format including gathering trend data
- Knowledge of Method A, B, C, D corrective actions, determine and write effective corrective and preventive actions, and root cause analysis.
- Perform and support the installation, fabrication and wiring of shipboard system Multi-pin Connectors, Fiber Optics, CAT5, Electrical Cable & Cableways, Multi- Cable Penetrations, Electrical Equipment Power Panels, Transformers and Load Centers/Switch Boards and Bonding/Grounding.
- Perform I, V and G test and inspections on Multi-pin Connectors, Fiber Optics, CAT5, Electrical Cable & Cableways, Multi- Cable Penetrations, Electrical Equipment Power Panels, Transformers and Load Centers/Switch Boards, Bonding/Grounding, Electrical Safety and Surface Preservation
- Understand and familiar with the welding requirements for Level II visual VT and PT observations or inspections of structural welds, piping to meet NAVSEA requirements.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education - Favorable if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in the related Quality Engineering/ Assurance discipline or the equivalent 2+ years work experience related to Quality Engineering/Assurance (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Minimum 4+ years of combined Shipboard Electrical/Electronic Systems Installations and Quality Control/Inspector experience.
- Level II NDT visual VT and PT Inspector of structural welds, piping to meet NAVSEA requirements.
- OSHA 10 hour 7615 Maritime Shipyard Employment Qualified.
- Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance or above.
- Must have or be able to possess a valid passport.
- Proficient with MS Office and strong oral and written communication.
- Experience in interfacing with the government and navy representative and personnel.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and climb up and go down ladders.
- Shipboard/Submarine Electrical/Electronic Cable and Cableway Inspector Qualified.
- Shipboard/Submarine Electrical/Electronic Connector Fabricator or Inspector Qualified.
- Shipboard/ Submarine Fiber Optic Installer, Fabricator, or Inspector Qualified.
- Experience in Shipboard/Submarine basic wiring and inspections of electrical/electronic equipment and connection boxes.
- Experience with reading and understanding shipboard or submarine system drawings (i.e. electrical, structural, mechanical).
- Visual TEMPEST Inspector.
- SCP Ship Yard Competent Person.
- NAVSEA PAINT Inspector.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.