Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Quality Engineer
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Information Technology Services
clients in Horsham, PA
This position of Quality Engineeris responsible for leading or participating in testing of systems. The position works with management to enhance quality and process standards and to plan and execute effective and efficient test approaches to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data. Responsibilities
- Develop and execute testing for diverse projects to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
- Identify opportunities to apply automation or other tools to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of testing.
- Suggest process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance.
- Work with project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute functional and system tests.
- Construct, execute, and document test plans and test cases/scripts including regression, integration, certification, and load testing as appropriate in a manner consistent with team standards.
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate.
- Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
- Identify areas where it is an advantage to work with other teams to improve overall quality and, with peers or others, implement initiatives improving testing capability and efficiency.
- Maintain industry awareness by evaluating emerging trends/technology.
- Participate in project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
- Participate as needed in initiatives to identify and implement tools and utilities that enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
- Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
- Assist with process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on a timely basis.
- Work across teams to enhance quality functional testing by identifying and helping to implement initiatives that will improve capability and efficiency.
- Ensure results of root cause analysis are addressed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of QA Test Analyst experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Highly knowledgeable in QA methodologies.
- Automation experience using Object Oriented language. C# or Java preferred.
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Solid understanding of the software development process.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct QA testing on moderate-scale projects.
- Excellent verbal skills. Will communicate with Business, and other departments as needed.
- Written skills/documentation.
- Understanding of industry trends and Shift Left principles.
- Constructing and executing test plans/test cases.
- Understanding of automation/other tools that increase testing efficiency.
- Strong understanding of Selenium.
- Proven Relational Database knowledge, SQL, Oracle or similar.
- Web Service and API testing experience using Postman, Swagger, or similar tools.
- Performance testing, JMeter preferred.
- Proven research skills.
- Ability to work with developers on technical concepts.
- Create strategy and test cases for testing coverage of the applications to prevent defects in production.
- Automate test cases created for repeatability and scalability.
- Demonstrate completed work to an audience.
- Understand environments, data and evaluate associated risk
- Knowledge and ability to Contribute to CI/CD pipelines
- Work on projects independently through completion with business focus in mind.
- Troubleshoot environments, data, and application issues.
- Document work effectively
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com