Quality Senior Principle Engineer - Field Quality Management Key Responsibilities:
- Strategically and quickly assess critical customer concerns while assembling the appropriate team of subject matter experts to develop and facilitate the deployment of a technical resolution within a customer environment.
- Responsible for the end to end development of proactive Field Quality Management Programs. This includes working with engineering teams on development of a technical solution, product core teams on business case requirements, and supporting services teams on the field roll out of a proactive quality notification program.
- Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement of the Field Quality and Customer Quality management processes as well as the overall customer experience.
- Mentor team of Field and Customer Quality Management Engineers to develop capabilities and continuously improve individual and team efficiencies.
- Development and delivery of executive level presentations regarding customer concerns, proactive program approvals and updates, and direct customer facing presentations on Dell quality methodologies .
- Ownership of proactive field program development and managing programs to ensure they meet internal timeline development and launch goals.
- Responsible for leading the Line of Business (LOB) Quality team to identify and implement projects to improve the Customer Experience, reduce dispatched rates (FIR) and call rates (CPB).
- Collaboration with cross functional Quality, Sustaining Engineering, Engineering Operations, Procurement and Product Support to ensure that the company delivers high quality products and experiences to our customers.
- Facilitates requests from Dell sales teams on Dell Quality Metrics in support of customer Request for Quotes/Proposals on an as-needed basis.
- Travel to customer sites in support of critical quality concerns or sales initiatives.
- Drives continuous improvement in the quality of systems, peripherals and software, as experienced by customers.
- Manages critical issues & concerns in a timely manner.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to facilitate leadership and executive level discussions regarding complex technical and quality issues.
- Ability to proactively communicate and recommend options and solutions, pros and cons of different options, and the ability to present a business case and anticipate questions.
- Proactively solving problems that affect the project objectives and timelines, recognizes impact, benefits and risk outcomes, and advises on final solutions.
- Mature understanding of Enterprise technology, such as hardware, software, solutions and ability to influence other groups through technical expertise.
- Advanced understanding of quality tools, data, and processes. Can use those tools to effect final customer solution.
- Deals with ambiguous situations within projects, across organization and influencing change.
- Provide clear and concise input within team decisions that are impactful to customer needs, and proactively influences design decisions with the customer viewpoint in mind.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering field (electrical, mechanical, systems, computer) with 12+ years or related experience or MS degree with 8+ years of related experience.
- Strong background on Enterprise Server, Storage, & Networking products and subsystems. (Compute, Memory, Storage Media, RAID, Enterprise Class Operating Systems, Virtualization, & Networking and Coms products)
- High familiarity with Dell EMC Enterprise Product lines.
- Background of data analytics/analysis as well as historical experience working with large datasets.
- Successful in developing and cultivating strong global teams.
- Strong desire for enhancing the experience of Dell EMC's customers.
- Working knowledge of quality methodologies, including 6-, lean, 8-disciplines, etc.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can enhance our technical quality assurance protocols and methods, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell. Closing date:
September 1st 2019
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here