Title: Qualys Network Security Engineer.
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Qualys Network Security Engineer. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The Vulnerability Management Specialist Senior will drive process and execution of discovery, reporting, prioritization and remediation of vulnerabilities across disparate spaces including, but not limited to, operating system (i.e. Windows, Unix, Linux), application, network, and database vulnerabilities.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Drive a program to deliver a portfolio that adheres to policies and standards. This is inclusive of managed and third-party applications and services.
- Conduct Network and System Vulnerability assessments and documentation of corrective/remediation actions.
- Drive the end-to-end vulnerability lifecycle from discovery to closure.
- Identify internal and external threats that could result in unauthorized disclosure, misuse, alteration, or destruction of customers information assets.
- Identify and prioritize all vulnerabilities in client environments and provide timely vulnerability assessment reports to key stakeholders.
- Ensure timely follow up with patch management and vulnerability remediation in coordination with Countermeasures personnel.
- Understand, review, and interpret assessment and scanning results, reduce false positive findings, and act as a trusted security advisor to the client.
- Learn and adapt to client’s culture, security strategies, security goals, security objectives, and security capabilities.
- Identify client’s organizational position and posture against emerging and zero-day threats.
- Present Vulnerability Assessment Scanning and guidance, False Positive Validation, Compliance Scanning, and scan profile and policy creation.
- Develop and report enterprise-level metrics for vulnerabilities and remediation progress. Understand, demonstrate, and educate stakeholders on the real-world impact of threats and vulnerability exploitation in a given environment.
- Manage multiple customer requests, assessments, and meet customer expectations within established service levels.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree.
- Requires 4 years of experience with the following vendor and subsequent security products / features / OS: o Qualys o Advanced Qualys system architecture and design in a large global multi location environment.
- Experienced in setting up scanning profiles, conducting routine scans of security environments, overseeing remediation efforts, etc.
- Experienced in agent and appliance-based vulnerability assessments.
- Background in security threat analysis ability to determine risk level of identified threats and necessary urgency in remediation.
- Possess strong technical understanding of common network and system vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of networking principles (OSI Model, routing, TCP/IP).
- Windows and Linux operating systems, and basic administration.
- Best practices in common security technologies.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid paced, customer facing 24/7 production environment.
- Experience working with cross-business and cross-functional teams in a geographically distributed environment.
- Setting up scanning profiles, conducting routine scans of our environment, overseeing remediation efforts, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Driving and Travel Requirements: May be required to drive a company car. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at vasavi.konda (@)stgit.com or contact at 248.712.6725
In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Qualys Network Security Engineer.
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client’s global IT and Engineering needs.
Vasavi Konda|Recruiting Specialist
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084
Email: vasavi.konda (@)stgit.com