Location: Alexandria, VA
Start Date: Oct 27, 2020
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn
Contract to Hire- Quantitative Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA (Remote for Now)
* Experience writing code in Python and R
* Experience with SQL databases / SQL Server and PostgreSQL
* Analytical skills
* Communication skills
Key Projects and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the other analysts
• Conduct Brinson and factor-based performance attribution
• Conduct ad-hoc research for stakeholders across the marketing, product and investing teams into what investment strategies and policies generate the best returns
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Experience working with financial data, particularly index development, factor research, strategy backtesting and performance attribution.
• Visualization tools- ggplot2 and matplotlib
* Reporting platforms Periscope Data and Tableau
• Experience with data cleaning and ETL, Talend, Xplenty and Microsoft SSIS.
• Undergraduate training or degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or a similar discipline and 4 years of applied experience. Or, you have a similar graduate degree with 2 years of experience.
• Intrested in stock markets and investing.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com