R&D Director - Workforce Management
Richardson, TX About the company
NICE is a multinational software company with more than 6,000 employees worldwide that provides software solutions that include the core technologies organizations need to deliver better customer experiences through more effective, engaged employees.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in this field, providing solutions that turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what's happening in real-time, they can predict what will be.
NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.About the product
The product you'll be working on is a Workforce Management (WFM) solution which is part of the Enterprise NICE Workforce Optimization suite to help the contact center schedule their agents and improve their Customer Services. The solution provides the ability for the organization to forecast the work volume, schedule the shifts of the agents, manage their time off requests and all the lifecycle of their work schedule. It is recognized as the market leader for the last 10 years.Job description
We are looking for an exceptional leader with high managerial and technical skills, to lead a multidisciplinary group in a challenging, innovative, fast-paced environment.
You will lead the engineering team that has overall responsibility for the product architecture, design, development and delivery end to end for SaaS and on-premise applications.
Your global R&D team will be engaged with the largest enterprises in the world (our customers). This is a unique opportunity to lead a world-class engineering team. Your leadership and desire for high-quality software engineering and work methodologies will dictate the success of this team.
We are looking for someone passionate about managing both projects and a large group of software engineers for complex enterprise products that are used by millions of users. This position calls for a seasoned professional who is comfortable managing multiple feature tracks, playing a lead role on the release team, handling escalations from the field when necessary, and actively participating in all aspects of day-to-day engineering management from product and technology direction to process improvements and driving innovation.Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Direct the day-to-day management of WFM technical considerations and personnel.
- Responsible for your team of about 60 engineers and managers in multiple global locations and overall responsibility for all engineering aspects of the product.
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, coaching, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate resolutions to critical customer issues and will be relied upon to ensure that these resolutions are delivered to the satisfaction of our customers,
- Oversee the long-term product roadmap
- Prioritize, plan, and monitor the progress of WFM development efforts to ensure the delivery of specific software functionality and features following predetermined product milestones.
- Contribute to the growth of the WFM business and the WFM strategy
- Meet with strategic customers to discuss their long-term requirements, priorities, and plans.
- Work with the line of business to define the long-term strategy and roadmap for WFM.
- Continuously improve R&D engineering best practices and development standards.
- Work with your management team to define annual objectives and KPIs.
- Manage engineering processes, best practices, and continuous improvement, aligned with Agile-Scrum methodology.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor's in computer science or Industrial/Electronic Engineering. A master's or an MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of managerial experience in a global or multi-national company managing multiple cross-functional teams (an overall group of 40+ employees).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a software developer (JAVA is preferred).
- Proven track record of managing software projects with on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Proven leadership with the ability to influence, challenge and negotiate at senior levels using sound judgment especially in sensitive or complex situations.
- Ability to engage key people at all levels across business units and geographical areas to achieve goals and objectives at both strategical and operational levels.
- Solid understanding of n-tier and Microservices architectures.
- Experience building applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Deep experience working with the agile software development methodology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - English.
- Ability to travel to India once a quarter.