Love your job!Our client, a really awesome company, is located in an area famed for its high quality of life and low cost of living. They are also in a business that is fairly immune from the recession and as a result they're growing!
We are searching for an R&D Electrical Engineer for a global medical devices company. The R&D Electrical Engineer will manage the specification, design and development of electrical circuits and the selection of electrical and electronic components for medical devices. The R&D Electrical Engineer will work with internal design teams, and outside co-development partners and suppliers, with responsibility for full electrical architecture and design for new products.Requirements for R&D Electrical Engineer:
- Degree in electrical engineering,
- 7+ years experience with circuit design for embedded systems; experience with embedded microcontrollers, PLD/FPGA, bus protocols (such as RS232, I2C, CAN, Ethernet), motor drivers, converters and amplifier circuits, filter design, pulse width modulation, transceivers and switching power supplies.
- Experience with outsourced developments and ability to identify and select co-development partners and suppliers that meet business standards.
- Experience with vendor management; including purchasing, RFQs, PCB fabrication/assembly services.Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and knowledge of problem-solving techniques.
- A working understanding of IoT
- Proficient use with computer aided design software (i.e. Alum)
- Working knowledge of design programs AutoCAD and SolidWorks a plus.
- Knowledge of leading manufacturing processes relevant in the electromechanical medical devices industry with a focus on PCB manufacturing, assembly and cabling.
- Understanding of design control processes following ISO13485 or FDA 21 CFR 820 Design Control Guidance For Medical Device Manufacturers .
- Excellent knowledge of EN60601-1 standard and functional safety requirements.Ability to identify, analyze and implement improvements independently and to propose changes to existing methods, procedures, processes and/or products.Use of project management skills throughout the project concept, feasibility. development, qualification and launch
- Knowledge of EMI and ESD test methods.
- Experience with automated testing and knowledge of Design For Testability techniques.