R&D Software Development EngineerJob Description:R&D Software Development Engineer
Micro Focus helps organizations run and transform its business through four core areas of digital transformation: Enterprise DevOps , Hybrid IT Management , Predictive Analytics and Security, Risk, and Governance . Our software provides the critical tools they need to build, operate, secure, and analyze their enterprise. By design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies - enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the race to digital transformation. About the Role
The R&D Software Development Engineer analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. https://www.microfocus.com/en-products/operations-bridge-suite/overview has details about our Operations Bridge portfolio.The R&D Software Development Engineer
Education and Experience Required:
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
- Experience with programming in Python and basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn
- Experience with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow
- Experience in visualizing and manipulating big datasets and Frameworks solutions like Hadoop, Spark etc
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL and NoSQL databases, containers, vertica
- Ability to select hardware to run an ML model with the required latency
- Skilled cross language developer / Hacker able to rapidly build a prototype with new code + using existing tools, components libraries
- Collaborating with developers in multiple teams to develop a technical architecture that is implementable
- Using software applications design tools and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform types.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
If you want to be part of what's next andfind out more about ouravailable opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers .
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, the expected salary range for this role in Colorado is:
Salary Minimum $80,093 - Salary Maximum $152,207
You can learn more about our benefits at https://jobs.microfocus.com/global/en/benefits.