Provides designs and specifies information systems solutions to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Evaluates client requirements and processes, develops and prepares application environments which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Completes day-to-day support activities and special projects.
- Complete basic to complex systems analysis, design and development. Play a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects. Assist the client in addressing daily problems/issues of any scope.
- Determine feasible solutions and make recommendations.
- Direct less experienced resources and coordinate systems development tasks on small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects. May project manage small to medium scope efforts.
- Participate with other Development, operations and Technology staff, as appropriate, in overall systems and integrated testing on small to medium scope efforts or on specific phases of larger projects. Prepare test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs and interfacing applications.
- Use available resources to develop clear and complete technical and functional specifications for small to medium scope efforts. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff. Update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. May assist in supervision and preparation of logic flowcharts.
- Prepare assessments and task plans to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for assignments.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Provide consultation services to clients, technicians and Bank departments on basic to intricate functions of supported applications, which may include the review of system capabilities, operational procedures, forms, marketing materials and/or cost analysis.
- Follow and promote the use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain very good working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
- Understand and adhere to the Company s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as required, which may include participating in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis, vendor analysis or business study activities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position works under the supervision of the Technology Team Lead and may receive general direction from a more experienced team member. The jobholder is competent to work independently on most all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development and is expected to understand the business supported and its terminology. The position is capable of managing the activities of others on a project basis for small to medium scope efforts and may lead project activities. The jobholder may assist or help train less experienced staff. The jobholder interacts with other technology personnel, clients and occasionally vendors.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of an Associate s degree and 4 years systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years systems analysis/application development experience
Familiar with application development software and hardware problems
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software
Capable of working on multiple projects of a moderately complex to complex nature
Strong problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
Strong organizational and time management skills
Strong lateral thinking skills
Experience coordinating between Applications and business units
Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions
Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates
Education and Experience Preferred:
Good understanding of the Bank s application framework
Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported
Proven understanding of applications supported with a sound knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
Ability to multitask for various components of moderately complex to complex projects