Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed, and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count. Job Summary:
Reporting to the RCSA Governance Director, the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) Framework & Methodology Vice President is responsible for defining and maintaining RCSA framework and governance processes, support the enterprise-wide operational-risk control self-assessment program, coordinating with the Business Unit Risk Managers (BURMs) and other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate should have experience with financial institutions and the regulatory landscape, have a strong understanding of operational risk management, risk governance, and risk framework topics as well as possess strong writing and analytical skills. Major Responsibilities:
- You will drive thought leadership on RCSA design and development both tactically and strategically.
- You will support maintenance of the operational risk and control self-assessment process.
- The RCSA team provides expert support and guidance on the RCSA Standards to key partners.
- You will evaluate RCSA results and metrics, with the ability to articulate complex subjects and issue in a language that non-risk partners can understand.
- You collaborate with the analytics team to develop metrics and reports to support analysis of the RCSA results.
- You develop, maintain, and enhance RCSA Standard and Methodology.
- You create and deliver presentations to various levels of management in written and verbal formats.
- You will support discussion regarding the RCSA Standards with MD level BURM's/ BURCO's (Business Unit Risk & Control Officer).
- You remain knowledgeable about the operational risks in the functional areas across the bank, including fraud, product, project, data management, model risk, vendor management, information security, business continuity and other areas of cross organizational risk
- Capture, analyze and interpret RCSA data. Develop analysis and insight on RCSA results
- Prepare, deliver presentations. Maintain contacts with other institutions to stay on top of their Operational Risk programs and assist in implementation of regulatory requirements as needed.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
- 8 + years' experience in operational risk management and RCSA or related role is required.
- Proven knowledge of policy and methodology creation and maintenance; ensuring adherence and compliance.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations / laws.
- Experience analyzing regulation and legislation in the United States and/or globally.
- Understanding of relevant industry framework and best practices.
- Requires a deep understanding of operational risk techniques.
- Knowledge of risk management policies, framework, methodology, standards, processes, governance models, and industry standard risk analysis approaches.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the Operational Risk domains including information security, business continuity, operational resilience, and risk assurance, risk governance.
- Experience with common GRC (Governance Risk and Controls) tools; strong MS office skills.
- Experience conducting risk assessments and risk remediation projects in large scale organizations.
- Experience comparing regulatory requirements and guidance to firm controls to evaluate adherence.
- Understanding of control and risk management concepts and knowledge of the operational aspects of the risk management practices.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze risk trends at a macro level, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns, is comfortable in providing information on operational risk management to senior level managers.
- Ability to successfully communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships.
- Ability to flexibly work independently or within a group in order to analyze problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing needs in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead across the organization and influence senior stakeholders towards consensus.
- Preferred: Tableau or SQL skills
- Basic project management, analytical and research skills with a demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception through completion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.